Townhall metting on Fish Farms and Fisheries in Duncan

When area 18 and 20 sportfishing got destroyed, the only WCVI voices I heard were saying that whale watchers need to go.

Here we go again. First off those areas aren't destroyed. No you were mistaken it was the AREA 20 voices that said that including myself. I am not sure why we are still defending that ridiculous forage zone closure unless you are whale watcher yourself. Good grief guys. Whale watchers should'nt be in there, and I am sick of some of you trying to quiet some of us that have legitimate concerns in that area. I know it is hard to imagine some of us having our opinion and not following along.

Anyway this isn't about picking fights its about a meeting. Show up if you want or don't. Being how many Area 20 guys fish Renfrew on trips its would be worthwhile meeting to show up at.

Hi guys,

I would have been there with " bells on " but am having some foot surgery done that afternoon...won't be able to be there. Finn has done some good work for us in the past....is a strong advocate for us! P{lease don't paint all DFO as the bad guys, it is at the Regional Director General level that we have a problem, there are those under her who actually support us but lose the battle. The biggest issue that I would have pushed, if I could be there is that we have " populism " running natural resource management, not science! Dr. Andrew tribes from the UBC Fisheries Science department wrote a paper to the Minister, at the Minister's request for advice, saying that closing recreational fisheries and harvest would not impact the Southern Pod....his advice was ignored....twitter is the big winner. If anyone has known;edge and ability to get Twitter writing and following working, believe me, this is the time! Apparently the politicians view twitter, follows and " retweets" as trumping science....get this attracted by Alistair and Finn.

Back