Top 3 seafoods to eat

Albacore as sushi or tataki

white spring smoked or fresh on bbq

dungy crab

I've had all these over the years. Can't decide.
Europe: Barcelona Seafood Paella, Bouillabaisse in Southern France, Mussels in Brussels.
Other: Nova Scotia Lobster, Hawaiian Ahi, Russian Caviar.
BC: Rock Scallops from QCI, fillet of big red chinook from belly side of lateral line. spot prawns just barely blanched, sockeye before it gets near the river, poached sablefish, smoked white spring, herring roe from the walls of a just pumped out fish hold, eulachons fried crisp in butter, beer-battered lingcod, panko encrusted cabezon in a fish taco, dungeness crab boiled whole, slow simmered chum heads (only eat the pink bits), raw oysters, papillote(paper pouch) halibut, pepper squid from a top Chinese place. I could go on, but don't want to go over 3.

Marbled spring from Thrasher in the May fishery fresh out of the water. (Or one of the dark reds we were getting this year)

Ceviche made with a day's catch of Black Bombers.

Sablefish.

Spot Prawns

Dungy

On a side note....calamari done as Pescador mentioned on the first page is outstanding. :cool:

ALL of the aforementioned. The only seafood I could not handle was gumboot chiton... it is named "gumboot" for a good reason... tough like rubber boot. But come to think about it-- I think it just might be prime if pressure cooked first... it does have a taste somewhat similar to abalone.... anyone tried pressure cooking these critters?

Back