Tool Kit Thread and questions

Mastercrap bits are worthless. I wouldn't accept those as a gift. I'd actually un-friend whoever gave them to me.
Mabey this is more up your alley .... the MEGA PRO, the handle on the ctire one does seem more brittle than the picquik

Attachments

• 20211211_111417.jpg
    20211211_111417.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20211211_111450.jpg
    20211211_111450.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 31
Mabey this is more up your alley .... the MEGA PRO, the handle on the ctire one does seem more brittle than the picquik
I have an empty one of those in my box already. I'll find all the stupid bits one day. I actually found the Stanley pickquicks are a better deal and more ergonomic with a rubber grip

I have an empty one of those in my box already. I'll find all the stupid bits one day. I actually found the Stanley pickquicks are a better deal and more ergonomic with a rubber grip
Ah but do they have the reversible 1/4" and 5/16" nut driver handle? Those two fit most, if not all, of the gear clamps on a boat.

Ah but do they have the reversible 1/4" and 5/16" nut driver handle? Those two fit most, if not all, of the gear clamps on a boat.
Yes, and it's longer for when you need longer. Haven't thrown it out yet so that's saying something.

Back on track...

As any long time member will know I don't run junk, all my equipment is always well maintained and supremely looked after. Call me old fashioned,, maybe it comes from spending a lifetime working with equipment in remote locations but its engrained in me to be prepared. With the boats and gear most of us run this day and age its not just the boat and engines we have to worry about its also all the support equipment and gear we run. And that unfortunately is not always of the highest quality or it has to take some abuse at times. being prepared to fix just about anything or at least having the ability to McGiver it to work can be the difference of making your day or breaking it. And at times we may find ourselves many miles from shore or help, it can really suck to have to call it a day over some little thing. I've seen some of the weirdest things break or fail to work at times when you most need them, especially out on the water.

I carry a small but well equipped little tool bag. Not necessarily high quality stuff but, i can fix a crap load of stuff with this little bag. I addition to this there is always a couple tubes of JB weld in my glove box as well.

She's small and fits in a small space but well equipped.

51742803208_101707d895_b.jpg

51742563846_9c0663435b_b.jpg

51743207034_097a433989_b.jpg

51743207259_f4001bba77_b.jpg

Back on track...

As any long time member will know I don't run junk, all my equipment is always well maintained and supremely looked after. Call me old fashioned,, maybe it comes from spending a lifetime working with equipment in remote locations but its engrained in me to be prepared. With the boats and gear most of us run this day and age its not just the boat and engines we have to worry about its also all the support equipment and gear we run. And that unfortunately is not always of the highest quality or it has to take some abuse at times. being prepared to fix just about anything or at least having the ability to McGiver it to work can be the difference of making your day or breaking it. And at times we may find ourselves many miles from shore or help, it can really suck to have to call it a day over some little thing. I've seen some of the weirdest things break or fail to work at times when you most need them, especially out on the water.

I carry a small but well equipped little tool bag. Not necessarily high quality stuff but, i can fix a crap load of stuff with this little bag. I addition to this there is always a couple tubes of JB weld in my glove box as well.

That's a kit that makes great sense to me. Most of the spares are for the downriggers! ;-)

I’m sure these are all built in the same factory and are identical other than colour and name brand but here’s a deal on the kms brand

Attachments

• 9F6E8E34-F5A4-462F-B62F-C72E9256207D.jpeg
    9F6E8E34-F5A4-462F-B62F-C72E9256207D.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 22
Back on track...

Nicely done, and most of that stuff being Mastercraft is on sale a few times a year for 40-70% off

My brother is a retired CTC dealer . He told me his smart customers always bought the lifetime guaranteed tools only when they were on sale and kept a binder with all the receipts someplace safe. That is all you need for a warranty

When the Maximum Pro and Maximum stuff is on for the super sale it is selling for below the dealer's cost. i.e Loss Leader.

The forum has a Meat on Sale thread, perhaps a tools on sale thread would be helpful

Nicely done, and most of that stuff being Mastercraft is on sale a few times a year for 40-70% off

My brother is a retired CTC dealer . He told me his smart customers always bought the lifetime guaranteed tools only when they were on sale and kept a binder with all the receipts someplace safe. That is all you need for a warranty

When the Maximum Pro and Maximum stuff is on for the super sale it is selling for below the dealer's cost. i.e Loss Leader.

The forum has a Meat on Sale thread, perhaps a tools on sale thread would be helpful
Their warranty reminds me of Costco. The consumer is well taken care of.

Back on track...

“As any long time member will know I don't run junk, all my equipment is always well maintained and supremely looked after.”
Talk dirty to me….

Noco GB70 on sale at CT Dec-16-23 for $219. That's $100 off. Nice gift for the boat.
That's the one! It's great for cars, trucks and boats. Lots of power. Great price!

Just used my GB70 for the first time a few days ago on a work vehicle with bad battery. Temp -2, V6 GMC cargo van. Not that tough an assignment. Took 3-4 sec to go into Boost mode, then effortless start.

For those of us who want to have a tool kit just like walleyes :D and build it on sale

In this week's Can Tire Flier Mastercraft High-Visibility Pliers Set, 6-pc

*Was $59.99 on sale $23.99

#058-4789-4​

Mastercraft High-Visibility Pliers Set, 6-pc Product image

Mastercraft Screwdriver Set, 80-pc​

*Was $129.99 on sale $19.99 (you can give the drivers you don't need/want to a neighbourhood kid who is always futzing around fixing things

#057-3664-8​

Mastercraft Screwdriver Set, 80-pc Product image

Stanley Chrome Wrenches, 11-pc​

*Was $69.99
Now $34.99 Clearance Discontinued

#058-3212-2​

Metric: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19

Stanley Chrome Wrenches, 11-pc Product image

OR

Stanley Black Chrome Wrench Set, 14-pc​

Was $99.99 Sale $39.98

#058-1614-8​

Stanley Black Chrome Wrench Set, 14-pc Product image

• Metric Set Includes: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 mm
ON another note I am always on the look out for a 10mm socket sale . The elusive 10MM socket (WTF they must grow wings in my tool box at home)

1639752132636.png

Back on track...

Stopped at the North Van CTC on the way to work. They open at 8 am.

Every item on my list was in stock. The SAE and Metric wrenches were mixed on the rack with Metric at the back of the hooks

ON another note I am always on the look out for a 10mm socket sale . The elusive 10MM socket (WTF they must grow wings in my tool box at home)
I have so many 10 mm sockets and wrenches, must be from my trials motorcycle days, it is the most common size.

Back