Tony's balls CCB

Wooly

Hey Folks

just thought I would let you know about Tonys Cannon Balls (CCB = Forum name). Kinda like giving a review of a new fishing rod or reel. I sent tony some cash and he shipped me up a few of his coated balls. These things look unreal. Im pretty pumped to use them this coming season. They look great, the coating is even all the way through and the colours look fantastic. You wont even need a flasher with these guys.
I only fish green flashers and his Coated green balls with the sticker look exactly the same as a green flasher with a cracked ice sticker. The quality of these balls look unmatched if you compare it to a ball u would get at canadian tire. Im impressed with his product Ill be sure to let everyone know how they fish this next season. They come in a bunch of different colours as well. Here is his original thread. If your a serious fisherman I would look into these balls.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?21694-UV-Glow-Cannon-balls-update

I will second Kev's ringing endorsement. I met Tony recently as we had worked a deal with some lead, and it couldn't have been a better experience. He even took the time to give me an impromptu course on the metallurgical properties of lead so I can produce a better product when pouring my own cannonballs and whatnot.
He's a no ******** kind of guy to deal with and is a pleasure to chat with about everything fishing. Aside from the good nature of the guy, his product is as Kevin described, second to none. He pours lead by the ton and clearly knows what he is doing...and if anyone forgot, he donated a portion of his sales on cannonballs towards the end of the season towards Alex Morton's cause to Save our Wild Salmon.....

Not a bad source for high end tackle and equipment either.....

-FB-

I'll third the endorsement, Met with Tony and the Balls are great, cant wait to use them !
Tony knows his fishing and we shared some stories and tips ....................................................... Thanks Tony !
Great Cannon Balls and excellent prices !

I will fourth (does that even work?) the endorsement - I traded some lead for 15 lb coated balls from Tony this past Summer and they were GREAT!

He also convinced me to try some jigging lures that he is selling, I was very skeptical looking at those things, but he said "try them, guaranteed you will be back for more!" He was right - they catch big lings and cabezon better than anything else I have in my tackle box.

He also convinced me to try some jigging lures that he is selling, I was very skeptical looking at those things, but he said "try them, guaranteed you will be back for more!" He was right - they catch big lings and cabezon better than anything else I have in my tackle box.

would that be the berkley lure??

I don't have it in front of me, but I think it is Berkley - it is rubber, shaped like a fish, weighted with some led inside. Was deadly in Ukee.

I also have done a couple deals with Tony. Seams like a great guy and LOVES to talk fishing! He even went as far ordering up a new color and tried making some custom colored balls to match my boat!!
Great guy in my experience!
Thanks Tony!!

I don't have it in front of me, but I think it is Berkley - it is rubber, shaped like a fish, weighted with some led inside. Was deadly in Ukee.

Yup he hooked me up with a few to try. I've used swim baits before, they are just killers on Lings....but the berkleys are a real nice lure. I look forward to fishing them...

Thanks for kind word's guys !! . I try to make a solid product as pure as possible at a great price. I made almost 3000 balls this year and not one came back for any reason. I offer a 100 % satisfaction guarantee. The balls weigh the indicated amount or over. I am now sold out at this moment but not for Long i have a few tons of lead waiting to be made. Those are the berkleys rigged right will out produce anything for bottom fish. I keep them for close friends and guys who I get to know that buy balls. After all I only have 6000 packs lol. berkley discontinued them. In the new year I will offer coating balls for 10$ with all proceeds going to charity again up to $1000 . Thanks to Captain Kid and Bigredsnapper for doing this . I offered it only for a short time as I needed to leave to Hardy to fish then had a rush of sales when I got back.

Thanks for kind word's guys !! . I try to make
a solid product as pure as possible at a great price. I made almost 3000 balls this year and not one came back for any reason. I offer a 100 % satisfaction guarantee. The balls weigh the indicated amount or over. I am now sold out at this moment but not for Long i have a few tons of lead waiting to be made. Those are the berkleys rigged right will out produce anything for bottom fish. I keep them for close friends and guys who I get to know that buy balls. After all I only have 6000 packs lol. berkley discontinued them. In the new year I will offer coating balls for 10$ with all proceeds going to charity again up to $1000 . Thanks to Captain Kid and Bigredsnapper for doing this . I offered it only for a short time as I needed to leave to Hardy to fish then had a rush of sales when I got back.

I got cut off not sure why but thanks to all the guys I have never even met yet too especially in Victoria as you have met my buddy Kenny.

lead

Thanks for your interest guys!! GDW buying lead is not as cut in dry as most people think lead is not just lead not all lead is the same. Prices change every day I will pay or give a trade value from .60 to .80 and up to $1 It all depends. What time of year how much lead I have or need and the quality of the lead and how clean or dirty it is and how much shops are willing to pay wholesale .I will never stock pile lead unless it makes sense to do so.So in the end each purchase is different.I am pretty picky with my lead as I need to be to make a quality cannon ball some lead is just not good for cannon balls but great for 1lbs and 2 lbs or even bars and betties. As some guys use just anything they can get a hold of to make balls. My balls are better then some big box stores I have seen them with my own eyes UUUGLY un coated balls at top dollar prices.I have even had people trade balls in that bought them from big box stores they said but when I weighed them a 12 lb ball was 10.5 lbs a 15 lb ball was 13.5LBs even though they said 12 and 15lbs. I take pride in what I am making as my hobby has exploded. My motto is if I wouldn't use it I wont sell it. I am not always about the bottom line buy low and sell high even though that is a very good motto. Some balls I have seen on some site's are ugly as well I wonder to myself how can you feel good selling that thing but what can you do some guys do not care.IF I am not happy with a cast I will remelt it if I find the lead has too many impurities I wont make balls with it.My balls weight the number and some over. I hope this was help full.

Tony

Thanks Lollypop

I did not expect it to take off like this ,I have had a few hate emails by a couple people I will not mention names on here but anyways. I think I have some in Victoria but I'm not 100% sure if there are any 10s. I do have lots in Nanaimo but there last batch they took were no 10s as 10s do not sell the best anymore.I am making them as we speak but I will only be making around 100 10s. I will call and check and see availability over there.I myself will be coming to Victoria in the next week or so to pick up lead at this point I can meet anybody for any balls if they like.As for clear water conditions I'm not 100% sure whats the best I have caught many springs over 30lb on all colors. I find its preference although I have had reports of my pink glow balls with the sticker smashing halis on the west coast while bouncing one green and one pink but nothing on the green one,every second bounce had a hali on the Pink.I myself just love the different colors and so do the kids lol some guys let there kids pick the color of ball they want.This was just something fun I started doing for myself and this is where I am now.A lot of guys buy black also there's no fun about black I like bright colors.My suggestion would be buy 4 10s all glow but different colors. Then for next time you will know what you like.I just send Wooly up around 8 balls he only wanted black and green Glow when I put a yellow glow and a red glow and he was just amazed on how they looked he Didn't say anything about the different color.As if he didn't like them I would have paid for shipping back that's just how I am. Just before the summer one shop wanted close to 300 balls . I just met them and it so happened there guy's is not around anymore. I had 75 or so made but I was leaving for a month long trip to Port Hardy I had no lead and no time to make more plus they only wanted black and green I had a rainbow of colors and sizes. I just knew this was going to be great so I offered them to just take them and I said "take what I have and if it does not sell I will trade them back for all green and black when I get back" They agreed within 2 weeks they were all sold out calling me for more.At that point I knew this was July and prime time fishing so that helped that the colors were not a problem and everybody is different. .That would be my suggestion plus you will get a break on 4

IF Anybody else wants balls in the Victoria area I will be heading there I do not have a date yet but am planning on going soon.

Thanks

....I did not expect it to take off like this ,I have had a few hate emails by a couple people I will not mention names on here but anyways....

There's always haters. Business is business. If you are good to deal with an offer a great product, there is nothing to worry about. So, there's nothing to worry about!!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to get some of this tackle fishing!!

Hey Lollypop AKA "Dave" I called and they have no 10s my bud in Victoria as well doesn't have any 10's I would have to see you myself or ship them too you . I am heading to Victoria in the coming week. It would be a prepay as I only bring what is needed.As for stores there's only one in Nanaimo, I'm working on a couple in Victoria plus one distributor and I are trying to work out some sort a deal but its all pricing. I cannot supply everybody.I would love to get into PNT that's Pacific Net and Twine as they have 3 stores but they already have a guy or get them from somebody I'm not too sure but there lots to go around .Plus I am in quite a few stores over here and am working on a couple up north in the spring.This hobby exploded and yeah it is a small business I pay my taxes on it which sucks as most guys do not who pour and sell lead soon I will have to LTD my self I think too.I plan on guiding soon not too sure where yet but that's what I really wana do I have all my paper work to do so not too sure if for myself or a company.

Thanks

I just saw the your post FB I agree haha. Thanks again . Also I have not gotten to the rest of your lead yet I'm working on other stuff first then yours .Something called my kid gets in the way of my productivity .FREAKIN KIDS can't they drive there dams selves place's .HAHAHA

I'm not in there and no problem.My buddy goes back and forth all the time I doubt I will be there on boxing day but he may be.

Back