Tomic plugs

Discus

I have some old tomic plugs. They need to do repaint. I will use the plugs for fishing in Sooke, Port Renfrew and north. What do you suggest to put number on tomic plug 's website.

I don't have any plugs have UV.

Thank you

Discus

Where I mainly fish I would suggest anything with glow or uv on it.
Last seasons producers
Glow - Jack Smith and Blue Squid
UV- Lime Ricky and Bandit

This season we will have to wait and see..

I am sorry about my bad grammer.

The plugs are classic.. no tubby or UV or glow.

I looked up tomic 's website popualr are 500, 700, etc.

I am asking you what do you suggest me for new paint on my plugs.

I have about 60 plugs.

Thank you
Discus

Giving new life to an old thread.

Has anyone had much success fishing a Lucky Louie plug? These seem to have value as a collectors item.

Well, there's nothing quite like salmon fishing around Vancouver Island! I've been at it for the majority of my life, and I couldn't be more excited to share some of my knowledge with you. You know, luck plays a big part in fishing, but a wise angler knows that you gotta put in some time and effort along with a good appetite for the details too. And boy, do I have a collection of plugs! Some of them just sit around, but that's alright because they're like treasures to me, especially the ones I really fancy. They never go bad and you'll always find someone who want what you have, especially during times of scarcity.

You see, I firmly believe in stocking up when you can. Get lots! Trust me, the day will come when those lures become hard to find. Now, let me tell you about my experience last summer. I had some absolutely amazing results using the classic red and white Lucky Louie that a pal of mine gave to me with the firm lead in that I had to use it on my trustworthy Hardy ten ten rod and Longstone reel. It was a sight to behold, reeling in a couple of those beauties.

But hold your horses! I've recently got my hands on the PEETZ reel company, and let me tell you, it's a game-changer for me. I'm forced into going Reel OG, back to the good old days. Fishing the old school way with PEETZ is just way too much fun for me to resist. Trust me, there's something special about it, it brings back that nostalgic feeling. The sound is amazing when those fish are zinging across the surface of the water right in front of you. It makes me feel like a kid again, the excitement and energy is just way too cool.

So there you have it, my friends. If you want to have a blast salmon fishing around Vancouver Island, remember to be lucky and put in some effort, pay attention to detail and grab some of those old classic lures, and maybe even consider going reel OG with a PEETZ reel, or any old one to one. You all know that when it comes to fishing, it's all about the excitement, the joy, and some good old-fashioned fun! I gotta get out there soon...winters are calling. :)

600 in a 5" tubby. Fishing Duval last August. Constant shakers and pinks till I put down the plug. No more small dish. 2 in the box mid 20's in about half an hour.

Anyone know where I can find the 602 plug. I’ve called just about every store on Vancouver island..
TOMIC is back in play and is sending orders out to their retail base. They will be coming out a lot stronger now than they have been over the past few years. TOMIC will continue operating under the long time owners Cam and Catherine Forbes who also own Critter Cove in Nootka Sound. The base of operations will continue at its current location in Gold River. PNT Parksville's order should be fulfilled very soon.

TOMIC is back in play and is sending orders out to their retail base. They will be coming out a lot stronger now than they have been over the past few years. TOMIC will continue operating under the long time owners Cam and Catherine Forbes who also own Critter Cove in Nootka Sound. The base of operations will continue at its current location in Gold River. PNT Parksville's order should be fulfilled very soon.
Awesome thank you for the info. I’m down the road from PNT in parksville so that is perfect 👍

Awesome thank you for the info. I’m down the road from PNT in parksville so that is perfect 👍
You can simply call and ask Nathan, James or Noah for an eta update or to special order any that you may need. I know most of the the retail stores around BC and parts of US will be receiving product shortly into the new year, some stores have already started receiving their goods. Catherine has the start of a great team working together in the TOMIC workshop again, hopefully this is the new normal. At least we still have our locally manufactured favorites available. Fishinator wood Plugs are A-1 top shelf made in BC too. I have numerous of them in various sizes. I think Gone Fishin shops have them, not sure who else on the Island.

Back