tofino

divii

Hey guys, making the trip up to tofino around new years, any places that are worth checking out for steelhead, never fished up there before. Pm me if you have info, only have a couple of days so would like to fish one day anyways....thanks

At this time of year you're better off stopping and hitting the Stamp on the way there or back.

I asked same question 3 weeks ago and got no reply. Above advice is good. Rivers around Tofino were totally blown out last weekend when I was there.

yeah i have fished the stamp quite a bit. Gf might not want to wait for me to do that so i figured i could sneak away for a couple hours one day to chuck some stuff down the river while in tofino....

There's no river within an hour of Tofino that would have any Steelhead in them

There's no river within an hour of Tofino that would have any Steelhead in them

challenge-accepted.png

or more depending on how crappy the road is plus the best area is closed to angling now. I don't bother going anymore

You bet.....just had to rebuild the front end of my truck ..seems I'm just not nice to it... :)

Mostly boat access to some small systems that have small runs of fish...Majority of these runs are spring-run March/April timing and not too much doing in mid December.
Consider driving to Kootewis Creek (Drains into Grice Bay) for Cutts and very slight chance at a Steelhead approx 45 minute drive...This one would be the easiest.

Toquart River timing is not right...The few Summer fish that are there should be left to weather the winter until spawning time. A long drive for you to find very limited fishable water, IMO

Back