Tipping Guides??

Pippen

Hey Everyone,

Let me start off by saying I tip very well as I worked as a bartender and server in high-end restaurants for a number of years.

I have never used a guide out in the salt in BC before but a friend is getting married in Campbell River this weekend and we have a good deal for half day of fishing before the wedding. We are each only paying ~$150.00 for I think 5 hours? Do you tip a percentage on what you pay or more of a sheer dollar value??

There is a fair number of guys who will be out fishing in the morning and I know some may be a bit "tight" when it comes to opening up their wallets when the day is done. I realize people are going to tip based on their time with the guide etc, but is there a customary percentage or something along that line?

Thanks and hopefully I will have some good pics to post up next week. At least the weather looks to be good.

Trust me........I will be the one walking around kickin' everyone in the butt to make sure they tip their guides!!

Thanks for the info!!

I think we are 2 to a boat...so ~$300.00....and as long as our guide doesn't sink the boat....and ENSURES that I catch the biggest fish I am all good.

I kind of figured it was the same sort of % as going to a restaurant based on the service and overall trip.

Now....just crossing my fingers for some good pics to throw up on Monday!!;)

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

The biggest fish is more luck then anything,

LOL....ya unfortunately I am far too aware of that with my luck as of late in the local Vancouver waters. But...having said that if he has a big tyee tied up by the tail somewhere I would be ever gracious with my winnings. :D:D

Back