Time to thank a responsive supplier

Cuba Libre

Like a number on this board , I have been cursing my Lowrance GPS/Sounder combo (525 Cdf) Its been nothing but problems (and money) that even a trip back to the supplier in Ontario did not fix.

Recently, I was told that the Lowrance rep was going to be in attendance at a sale at the Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. Intending to rip him a new one.. I packed up the unit and headed for Nanaimo. Before I had a chance to "talk" to him the gal that is the co-owner of Harbour Chandler asked me if she could help me. ( sorry to say I cant remember her name) I said I was waiting for the Lowrance rep as I was po'ed about a crappy unit that was driving me crazy. She convinced me that she and her staff, being one of the largest Lowrance dealers on Vancouver Island, had seen it all. I let her and Mike fiddle with the unit-- found a faulty antenna cable and a faulty antenna (puck) . They repaced the faulty parts at no cost to me . I was so happy that I bought a Uniden handheld VHF at a ridiculous low price from them. Needless to say-- like Arnold.. "I will be back!"

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Naw-- its living on borrowed time right now. I am waiting for something else to crap out.... ;)

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Cheers All,

Harbour Chandler is a very impressive establishment that goes to great lengths to satisfy their customers. Lee is the owner and the manager is Denise (although I don't think she is a co-owner). Dane is the manager of the electronics department and also manages the fishing section too.

As for Lowrance they either work excellent or you want to toss it overboard depending on whether it's working or not. Fooled around with the Simrad unit at the Victoria Boat Show and it has an amazingly fast processor in it but it also comes with an equally impressive price tag. Also like the new radar that Lowrance has come up with and I believe that will be my next toy for the boat.

Think I will continue to stick with Lowrance X-112C combo for the forseeable future.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
www.fishingvancouverisland.org

Me to I have the same unit the 112 along with about 10 other people I know,
As for others Yes they are all great along with the prices I just went with something that was easy to read and operate. there is soooo much stuff in these things now half of which I dont even use!!!

Skies the limit now remeber the good ol days when we used the rotary one and had a sort of idea where bottom was and when it blipped at 40 ft we got excited as it was either bait or fish.
it was lot simplier than LOL

wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Fishin Guide-- thanks for the info as to who is who at HC.
Cheers
Bryan

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back