Time for new electronics

The radar radiation messes with the GPS signal if it's too close. I'm also doing a radar install, and the mounting consideration section says the GPS antenna either has to be above or below the radar beam path
I mounted my receiver about 24 inches away from the radar dome but I did not use the cone thing so that it would be as low as posable. I flush mounted it and it worked flawlessly.

touch screens are slick and if you use a tablet or smart phone you will be right at home with the app selections.

The unit runs very smooth the with the exterior chumps it runs very smooth with less delay. So nice when you are doing a turn and the screen isn't jumping 10 degrees at a time. My only complaints so far is that some of the over lay items like time and date do not need labels and it would save a bit of space without the label. The other complaint would be if your are on the edit overlay screen where you select your page the options on each page are edit or delete. Well after spending an hour learning how to and setting up my page for fishing I later accidentally deleted it. A tragic moment it was but my second go around setting that page up was much much quicker but it would be nice to be able to lock or save those pages a bit more permanently.

The radar is amazing. I just turned it on and it works and it even shows the birds a bit which to me shows a radar that is tuned correctly. My first trip with with the unit was like a tuna trip with me calling out the birds every time they showed on the radar.

On the sonar I really like palet 13 where the bottom is brown and there is very clear separation between bait and bottom. My transducer is on back order so I am just running the external transducer but it works perfectly. even at speed. Im still a firm believer in through hulls tho even tho Im pretty sure I will have a slight issue with loosing signal when turning one direction on a plane.

The unit runs very smooth the with the exterior chumps it runs very smooth with less delay. So nice when you are doing a turn and the screen isn't jumping 10 degrees at a time. My only complaints so far is that some of the over lay items like time and date do not need labels and it would save a bit of space without the label. The other complaint would be if your are on the edit overlay screen where you select your page the options on each page are edit or delete. Well after spending an hour learning how to and setting up my page for fishing I later accidentally deleted it. A tragic moment it was but my second go around setting that page up was much much quicker but it would be nice to be able to lock or save those pages a bit more permanently.

The radar is amazing. I just turned it on and it works and it even shows the birds a bit which to me shows a radar that is tuned correctly. My first trip with with the unit was like a tuna trip with me calling out the birds every time they showed on the radar.

On the sonar I really like palet 13 where the bottom is brown and there is very clear separation between bait and bottom. My transducer is on back order so I am just running the external transducer but it works perfectly. even at speed. Im still a firm believer in through hulls tho even tho Im pretty sure I will have a slight issue with loosing signal when turning one direction on a plane.

Do you have the 3G Broadband Radar?

Back