Time for Gold ?

S

Steely Den

Any reports for the Gold River???
Hoping to get over and walk the river in the next couple of weeks.
Any info greatly appreciated

Worked it last week. Water was good. Hooked one and missed another. Heard one boat landed one low teens. Lots of snow in town still. Can't drive the upper river. Logging road has not been cleared.

Holmes

You are so right as the Gold use to be one of Vancouver Islands favorite river systems but it needs some serious help!!! No disrespect to those who are already working on enhancment but yet so frustrated from being under funded. We need help but with Goverment asistance we can bring it back!!!

Holmes / Sushi Hunter I look forward to meeting you this year both of you are truly a wealth of information in Nootka Sound. You honestly build a desire to check out are west coast as an option for a trip My hat off to your past reports,

Best Regard
My Escape

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

quote:Originally posted by MyEscape

Holmes / Sushi Hunter I look forward to meeting you this year both of you are truly a wealth of information in Nootka Sound. You honestly build a desire to check out are west coast as an option for a trip My hat off to your past reports,

Best Regard
My Escape

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

[:I] Thanks!

I look at guiding as teaching in addition to catching fish. If my guests are better able to catch fish on their own after they have been out with me, then I consider that a success.

I also try to be flexible to my guests needs. Some want me to do everything for them, others just want me to drive the boat and stay out of their way.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

gna b makin my way 2 the gold within the next week....has anyone heard of any tight lines.....

shakes[?]

thanx holmes!!!!i should b rvr side with pin in hand fri. morn. i hope!!!!:D

shakes

That would be Dave Chard that guided those fella's. If you're looking for a guide look him up.
Yea they got into a few fish, but the fellas behind them only had 3 hits on the whole river. So it's an improvement but not 'fish everywhere'

Oh here it is:
http://www.profish.bc.ca/gold_river.html

Originally posted by holmes

so just an update... whamo!!!...fish apparently everywhere...talked to 2 guys that had a guide and rafted....14...yep thats what they said ...14 FRIGGIN FISH!!!...i asked ...they said 14 i asked them probably 6 or 7 times...i almost fell down..water is sweet but still need more rain...some other guys i talked to caught fish as well....we got 3 and some other pulls and hook ups...man i gotta get a raft i think...lol...holmes

Hoo Hoo. I'm outa here. Off to the Gold!

Back