Tiller handle extension solutions

Matthias

I’ve gone through at least 4 tiller handle extensions that all fail in the exact same location (where the plastic converges into the aluminum pole). At $60 a pop I’m getting tired of replacing them.

Does anyone have any better solutions (not interested in remote steering)

I’ve seen a solo PVC pipe be used, or maybe an aluminum pipe? Open to get creative!

I’ve gone through at least 4 tiller handle extensions that all fail in the exact same location (where the plastic converges into the aluminum pole). At $60 a pop I’m getting tired of replacing them.

Does anyone have any better solutions (not interested in remote steering)

I’ve seen a solo PVC pipe be used, or maybe an aluminum pipe? Open to get creative!
PTSD thread for me.

am posting tiller extender . 34" extends to 49". per ur note I just noticed a crack at the screw that joins the plastic base to the aluminum pipe. crack goes from the edge of the plastic holder to the screw. I filled the crack with super glue and then bound over the crack area with 3-4 tightly wound bands of duct tape. I torqued the handle hard and nothing moves. I feel u would be good to go at $25. I have not used this extender for 10 yrs and was unaware of the crack. North Vancouver. Bob. cel: 604-805-4044.

Attachments

• tiller extender 2.jpg
    tiller extender 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
  • tiller extender.jpg
    tiller extender.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 15
Would anyone be interested in buying one made from welded aluminum? I’ve been looking for some fun welding projects for the winter. I’d have to price out materials, but I’d probably be looking for $150-200 each to make a small profit.

Back