Tikka Masala Smoked Salmon

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Well today I am smoking another batch of fish :) I marinated it in a really hot and spicy Tikka sauce (curry) for a day. Worried that if I started it in the smoker the sauce would all fall off, I put it in the dehydrator first for an hour then into the smoker where it is now and will be for the next hour. I will then return it to the dehydrator for the final time needed.

Thankfully the wife likes curry cause the house just stinks of it. I now want curry for dinner. Thinking about folding a couple pieces in a naan and having a wrap.

My god, BAM..you just kicked it up another notch! i LOVE curry!! that looks amazing! furthermore i think we can see where the fishing is good :p

Going to be making this one again... Was a bit dry as I went out and forgot about it, but it is so tasty and so simple. I love the flavour.

FA-just wondering if it was dry because of the dehydrator. I know you did that because you wanted the coating to stay on. I love the idea and I'm wondering if some kind of wash might be the way to go. I'm going to try this when I get some more fish. That's if it ever stops raining-don't want to get my boat wet.

FA-just wondering if it was dry because of the dehydrator. I know you did that because you wanted the coating to stay on. I love the idea and I'm wondering if some kind of wash might be the way to go. I'm going to try this when I get some more fish. That's if it ever stops raining-don't want to get my boat wet.
I went to Costco....Then decided to go for lunch totally forgot I needed the turn the fish off. With a quality dehydrator you can bang off I batch of smoked strips in about 3 hours. This was on for about 5. Its still very edible but I would have liked it a bit more moist.

Back