Thumbs Up to Kite Tails !

high tide

Hey I bought a couple of Kite Tails from the inverntor out at the BC Sportsman Show. Thought I would give them a try. Gave one to My Dad too.

Well one day Dad went out off Nanaimo last week, hooked into three springs ..... all on the Kite Tail ...... nothing on the other regular Flashers.

I tried mine for the first time at Thrasher the other day, wow, nice surprise banged into several Springs on the Kite Tail as opposed to my regular flasher choices. I Like the Roll I got, the action was good for both spoons and hootchies , the drag decrease while fighting the fish was nice too.

Way to go Kite tails, ! I'll be getting a few more !

I've got one I'd like to use a little more as well, did u adjust the leader action position for spoons vs hoochies? Same drop back from clip as full size flasher?

I've got one I'd like to use a little more as well, did u adjust the leader action position for spoons vs hoochies? Same drop back from clip as full size flasher?
No I left the adjustment where it came out of the package, used a 32 inch leader on hootchies and 4 feet on the cop cars ....... Worked well.

FS ........ Yup yours produced too, but one of them green flashers is towing behind a nice spring unfortunately ..... Bit of a tangled up mess that caused that haha ........ So if your fishing Thrasher or saw a spring with a green flasher it was Fishin Solos haha

A very innovative product designed primarily for with hoochies by a friend of mine who is a high liner salmon troller. He slays using that flasher and i especially like it in a big pack of boats to get that different action

a different action but hardly any drag when you are playing a fish for more fun fight

Fishtofino, Im thinking about using the Kitetail on my top rod, which I usually set 12'-15' off the clip with an 11" flasher. Any thoughts on distance off the clip for the Kitetail vs Regular flasher?

Distance Same as any flasher, depends on tide pull and if stacking or not. The revolution is excellent for giving the hootchie or spoon its action. I hope the owner of the product does well as they sure work for me. I like em ! the cost could come down seeing that its only a 1/3 of the size of a regular flasher, but its in small production so understandable.

Go give a couple a try.

I like them when I'm trolling on my kayak because of the reduced drag.
T2

HighTide:- so there's three "action" holes in the front of that Kite-tail......was yours set in the middle hole?

Back