Thrasher / Porlier

Pippen

Howdy,

I know there are some threads about 6 or 7 pages back in this forum about these two spots, but I was curious if there are any recent reports or what to expect around now? I have not fished this year over there, but have in the past and I know it can be real hit and miss and I have generally fished here earlier.

I know I won't be prawning yet....and last weekend I was up around Blind Bay and Nelson island and the commercial guys really cleaned up well. All of our usual spots were pretty much a waste of time and effort.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Chinook fishing has slowed over the past week. There are fewer, but larger fish in the area. The chinook are averaging 17 to 21 pounds, but we are only hooking up a couple of fish per trip. Thrasher, Grande, and Neck Point are the areas to fish. Thrasher has been plagued by seals, however. Depths run 77 to 135 feet. Baits include: tiny strip in green/chartreuse, Coyotes in Wonderbread or Copcar, or hoochies in glow white or green spackleback.
There have been no reports of coho in the area. Ling fishing is good at Thrasher and Entrance Reef. Prawning is slow due to the commercial fishery.
Good fishing!

that should about sum up how thrasher has been lately.

Back