Thoughts on this pod?

jcon12

Hi all,

Looking at an older bell boy which has a custom stainless pod installed from the previous owner (about 10+ years ago).

Apparently at that time the transom was reinforced etc.

I have not seen the boat yet.. its a fair distance away but wondering first impressions based on the photos below.

Its fairly cheap and I am just looking for something to go from Nanaimo to ruxton island.. and back.

Thanks!

Attachments

• boat 1.png
    boat 1.png
    338 KB · Views: 199
  • boat 2.png
    boat 2.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 203
  • boat 3.png
    boat 3.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 189
  • boat 4.png
    boat 4.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 204
It would be nice to have a few pictures of where the pod connects to the transom and how its bolted on to judge better.

just get a new seamax inflatable from richmond with a new engine. nanaimo to ruxton is 20km in protected channels. not a huge issue for an inflatable. $5K.

Don't think this is a very good idea, it can get pretty nasty going through the narrows and I really would not want this thing to be my only way of getting there

This could make a good little cabin commuter. Open to offers sounds like most of the parts are there..

I actually have a 12.5’ inflatable SIB and might just end up buying a 20hp to go with it.

we generally launch at cedar so it’s only a 6 mile run.

Main issues with this plan are not enough room for gear and we’d like to fish thrasher during the summer.

Back