Thoughts and tips of bringing a Grady 232 up from states

Is this worth looking at or would those engines be screwed with lack of use?

Just get a mechanical inspection and make sure the legs come off for impeller changes, it might need one
it just had a full service with water pumps done, being the year they are i would change the counterbalacers, but it is a easy job

I’d factor in more $ and more time but better places to boat in Florida this time of year than California. The **** off is when it doesn’t work out, I went to Oregon to buy a boat that wasn’t as both the seller and surveyor described and then you have sunk costs, that lead you to make offers on a boat you shouldn’t!

6,300 miles, plus a ferry if you are coming from the island. If you count wear and tear on your truck, hotels, meals for two plus the odd blown tire.

I think you are closer to 2x the list price for an east coast boat after exchange, shipping and taxes. Shoot him an offer, he’s already moving on price.

What happened to the one for sale in Tofino?

I’d factor in more $ and more time but better places to boat in Florida this time of year than California. The **** off is when it doesn’t work out, I went to Oregon to buy a boat that wasn’t as both the seller and surveyor described and then you have sunk costs, that lead you to make offers on a boat you shouldn’t!

6,300 miles, plus a ferry if you are coming from the island. If you count wear and tear on your truck, hotels, meals for two plus the odd blown tire.

I think you are closer to 2x the list price for an east coast boat after exchange, shipping and taxes. Shoot him an offer, he’s already moving on price.

What happened to the one for sale in Tofino?
It's covered for the winter and it's not moving until the spring

Back