This weeks gong show award goes to...

yo mama

The Cowichan river for hosting over 100 anglers in a single day. Man was it busy yesterday. Every corner I turned had angler strune side to side and people in spots I didn't even know could access on foot. I bet the Stamp boys are happy now that people are speading out.

I guess that explains why I didn't see another boat on the lake yesterday. Had lots of room and cutties all to myself :)

I guess that explains why I didn't see another boat on the lake yesterday. Had lots of room and cutties all to myself :)

Total Tyee, the two areas I focused on and found productive were the pilings and old dock structures in Yobou Bay and the cliffs and shallow bay on the south west end of Bare Mountain. Trolling tomic plugs and krocidile spoons both in rainbow pattern. Worked for me this weekend, but not last. Darn picky fish, it's like they have an on/off switch lately.

Any size Nick? I have not hit Lake Cowie in about a year. The last time I trolled Tomics on the Honeymoon Bay side with a little bit of success. Seemed to heat up right at the end of the day.

Nope nothing big this weekend. Just a bunch of shakers up to 15"(ish).The biggest couple were just swimming heads with skinny body mass. Had one nice hit but never got the rod out of the holder.

Back