Thermal sound deadening foam

Can anybody tell me where a person could pick up some reflective/ thermal sound deadening foam for the motor compartment.

most of the hot rod shops have it. any HVAC shop should too
I believe dyna mat works well too

Last edited by a moderator:
Will try a buddies hot rod shop, thanks. I thought of Eaglecraft boats, I saw a video of the stuff they use in there boats. Shot an email off to them too :)

Where in Nanaimo can you get it Sculpin ? Don't need that much of the stuff, 5-6 pieces. 16"x17" x2 , 24"x14" x2 , 30"x14". My dog house is made of wood, would like to replace the old foam, almost all the reflective heat shield is gone.

Got the Soundown from HC :) Any tips or tricks for attaching it to the plywood transom doors and dog house ? I have spray on adhesive. They suggest using screws or nails to fasten it as well, is there a easy combination or something for construction applications, that would work best ? Looks like he used some sort of caulking/adhesive, it isn't coming off very easily. Liquid nails might might be an option. Sculpin, got any suggestions ?

Used spray adhesive to attach them. Then, heat up a nail and push it through. Then use the stainless washer and screws to attach it to the wood. No issues then, with the screw grabbing the foil or plastic/rubber sound deadening material. Slick little trick :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 74
Back