The Vehicle You Are Proud Of

Kildonan, why not? If you buy one that someone else has done a proper and complete restoration on it you will get it for less than the cost they paid to get it done. Most of these cars get less than 1000 miles put on them in a year and never driven in the rain if it can be helped. Unlike nw cars they hold their value and if kept long enough keep increasing in value. Like a friend of mine says I can have all my money in the bank and have no fun...or I can have my money invested in my cars and play with my money every day.

This...if i have added more than 1000 miles in the 6 years since finishing my 240z I'd be shocked. The 911 actually gets driven a fair bit, around 4,000 kms a year. I would drive it all the time but not overly practical plus it carries collector plates too.

My son and I built it as a junior high IB project. Porsche 944 with a 355 cid sbc with an lt1 intake mated to it. We built everything but the bellhousing.. no kit for us. It was nuts!

Looks like you had to modify the header primaries for the steering arm, i have a similar situation with a very expensive stainless header built under the shade of an east facing cherry blossom tree in japan...for a rhd drive car oooooops!! I've done what I can to clearance but it needs someone with crazy talent to properly modify the header tube. Ack

Yeah little bit of fab, passenger side pretty easy. Crap heads and block for fitup. Small block Chevy with no distributor because of the Lt1 intake, tabbed an oil pump drive because gm wanted crazy money. Custom fabbed a crank trigger and used Ford EDIS ignition, Megasquirt fuel control. Had to weld up some of the holes in the intake and redrill. Move master cylinder and Astrovan hydraboost ,I love a bit of a challenge!

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    497.1 KB · Views: 65
Definitely not most guys' style on here but the 17 year old me loved this car. I stripped down and built two full cars after getting a VI from a cop. 383 stroker, 4.11 gears with a turbo 350, slap shifter and 3 12" subs that shook your brains out. Couldn't go faster than 120 km on the highway and took about a mile to stop after peeling out through every gear lol. Nice original plush velvet seats and lots of fake woodgrain. Also had a Malibu and Monte Carlo of the same vintage but this was the only one I actually finished. I custom fabricated and chromed a grill for it but this pic was taken before that happened. I'm trying to find a pic.
IMG-20200909-WA0001.jpg

My 1956 Chevy 3100 series project I had built for 8 years before I had to sell to buy our first home.. really wish I could have kept her built it from the ground up. LS 6.0L, nv4500/dana 300 4:1, dana 60 front 5.13 w e locker hi steering and hyd assist, rear 14 bolt with detroit locker and disc conversion, 3 link front and 4 link rear, king coil overs and foa coilovers, 44 boggers etc.

797D288E-BD48-4AD4-8617-564AF4FFF5A0_zps33kozkvl.jpg

F91FC628-0623-4CF0-8398-304A0CB800D4_zpsszxm4ba8.jpg

A3E3E216-C531-4302-BE4B-3EB5FE1BE50B_zpsk3eecvfn.jpg

B8B3E444-DA0B-45B0-8843-1DA8C6F13743_zps0tivnstb.jpg
AE1B05F6-33EF-43C0-8EA5-F687279B3CE4_zps4yrkg8ra.jpg

And not much left to do lol! Yeah I had unfinished ones, We sold the C-182 to buy a house in Whally!
Gave up on both of these lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Definitely not most guys' style on here but the 17 year old me loved this car. I stripped down and built two full cars after getting a VI from a cop. 383 stroker, 4.11 gears with a turbo 350, slap shifter and 3 12" subs that shook your brains out. Couldn't go faster than 120 km on the highway and took about a mile to stop after peeling out through every gear lol. Nice original plush velvet seats and lots of fake woodgrain. Also had a Malibu and Monte Carlo of the same vintage but this was the only one I actually finished. I custom fabricated and chromed a grill for it but this pic was taken before that happened. I'm trying to find a pic.
View attachment 56818
Had one I put a 400 sbc on propane in, ran awesome but pretty much a sleeper.

1967 Camaro. Bought in 2002 as a father and son project as my son had a serious long term illness at the time and I felt he needed a diversion. Project scope grew until it was an absolute ground up restoration from a gutted bare metal shell and removed subframe. Body is stock rest is not:
406 cubic inch small block AFR heads, forged rotating assembly, roller cam etc
Built turbo trans with Gear Vendors overdrive
Moser 12 bolt rear end True trac posi 3:73 gears
Interior aftermarket gauges, leather seats etc

Absolute blast to drive. Now resides in my son’s garage in Kelowna.
And yes it would have been far less expensive to buy a finished car. But where is the fun in that

Attachments

• D9F79174-8EAE-4E10-B0BD-FE17AC5E9D0D.jpeg
    D9F79174-8EAE-4E10-B0BD-FE17AC5E9D0D.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 109
1967 Camaro. Bought in 2002 as a father and son project as my son had a serious long term illness at the time and I felt he needed a diversion. Project scope grew until it was an absolute ground up restoration from a gutted bare metal shell and removed subframe. Body is stock rest is not:

And yes it would have been far less expensive to buy a finished car. But where is the fun in that

Yup,, I’ll take one please.

My dream car. How much?

That Spyder would be a fun car to drive and throw around. Another car that is similar in that it is light and handles well is a BMW 2002. Hard to find good ones that aren’ t rusty or big money.

Kildonan, why not? If you buy one that someone else has done a proper and complete restoration on it you will get it for less than the cost they paid to get it done. Most of these cars get less than 1000 miles put on them in a year and never driven in the rain if it can be helped. Unlike nw cars they hold their value and if kept long enough keep increasing in value. Like a friend of mine says I can have all my money in the bank and have no fun...or I can have my money invested in my cars and play with my money every day.

OK, I'll give you 5K for your mustang. LOL j/k, of course. It's a beautiful car you have there. I live just a couple of blocks from you and have admired your car few times as I drove by and it's been out on display.

Although I have a pretty good general understanding of auto mechanics, it's just not my thing. I like wearing stuff out, not fixing worn out stuff. ;-)

Its out front right now...Mustang club meeting tonight at Beaver lake.

Though not much of a vehicle my 1974 Pli-Solex moped if the nicest score I have made. Was offered it for $200 and I talked him down to $150
The last one I saw that was un-restored on ebay sold for 1400 euro

Attachments

• 1974 Pli-Solex 01.JPG
    1974 Pli-Solex 01.JPG
    646.9 KB · Views: 73
20200909_142414.jpg 20200909_142449.jpg

Here is our Touring car.

It’s a 2015 Lexus RCF.
It has a 470 HP, V8, 303 ci engine (no turbo or supercharger) fuel injected. Red line is 7,200 rpm, 8 speed tranny, Brembo 6 p breaks, 4.6” rotors, unreal steering control with down draft system.
0 to 100km =4.2 sec and top speed 280km. In e mod it gets 9lt per 100km at the best, but who would put a car like this in e mod.
I went with Lexus because of their reliability. It is unreal to drive and a 100 mph it will rocket launch you into your seat when you give it.

That Spyder would be a fun car to drive and throw around. Another car that is similar in that it is light and handles well is a BMW 2002. Hard to find good ones that aren’ t rusty or big money.
Redid a 82 320i, came out nice, stable 4 wheel drift on on ramps. Few 325's. Saab 900 turbo, you know they have a chain drive off the clutch shaft to the transmission? Awd Talon for my son a little better than 300hp and paint and body.
6" body lift '76 f250 with a 460 on propane wasn't nearly as nimble..
I was going to try to make a list of them all some day.. should have just bought a Dodge Omni.. did!
'85 MR2 was fun, 82 Celica gts, not necessarily proud but had fun I guess!

Last edited:
20200521_194727_resized.jpg I learned how to drive on a 1976 2002, my mom bought the last new one sold in western Canada from vancouver auto after some guy all liquored up smoked her fiat 131. Man she was cool in that 2002 and I was hooked for life. It wasn't a tii, but it had a hell of a lot of heart.

Anyway one of the other car...

Back