THE OFFICAL LEAD MELT/BARB-Q/ FIESTA FUNDRAISER!!!! JUNE 2nd

I want to thank Owen big time for his contribution to this event. The pre-pours and the onsite pouring was stellar for sure. The man is a lead pouring machine.

Here is a shot of Owen doing what he does with this lead. Kudos to him for being the safest guy there:cool:.

IMG_2557.jpg

I want to thank "chipstealer" or better known as Bart big time as well. He was a great help to the event and a great guy that we just met. Here is a shot of him pre-heating molds. He helped out with everything.

IMG_2561.jpg

Some of the finished product. 15 lbers layout out on a fireproof blanket.

IMG_2559.jpg

Yeah, big thanx from me as well for everyone involved putting this together, I had fun and should be pretty set for butt weights for the season. I should have a pretty good report on how my raffel prize works out shortly as well lol. Thanx again guys!

Here are some shots of the prize winners.

Tortuga was the lucky guy that drew first lol. Congrats man big time and it was great meeting you! Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event. I can't wait for your report on the trap.

IMG_2562.jpg

My buddy Gregg (non member) won the bottle of Tequila. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event.

Hooktender68 won the bottle of Vodka that Albernifisher donated. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event.

GLG won a bag and maybe something else that Lorne donated. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event.

IMG_2563.jpg

I won a travel mug donated by Lorne the Weedman. Thank you Lorne for the donations.

chipstealer won the wind meter and air temperature meter donated by myself. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event.

Owen won the tow behind tube that Kelly donated. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event.

Spring fever, Barnacle Bill, and others won stuff as well. Sorry I can't remember what as I was tending to the second wave of burgers lol. Maybe someone can fill in that part. Thank you all for showing up and contributing to the event.

It was great to meet other forum members and we all had a great time telling fishing stories etc. Bub showed up and bought a burger and some stickers. Thank you for showing up and contributing to the event. I am sorry if I missed anyone as it was a long day and I'm ready for bed now. Until next year. We will do this again for sure.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah. Foxsea the stickers were great. There are a few left over and you need to PM Lorne about what you want to do with them. He say's he will try to sell them all. Awesome contribution. Thank you again for contributing to the event. That is what it was all about was sports fisherpeople contributing to something period!

Cheers,
Sculpin

PS - This thing was posted for a couple of months. The folks that did show were all awesome and I am sure that other folks that would have showed would have been just as great. It is us fisherpeople that have a hand in what happens with our fish that we pursue. People have to get involved with things to be able to keep fishing for our fish and for future generations. It doesn't just happen. Get involved with your local fish and game club. Get involved with your local hatchery. Get involved with fundraiser's when they appear. Just get involved please and thank you.

Looks like a great time was had by all. I think that it looked like a good start to maybe a annual event and that maybe next year it will be bigger and better. Even thou I was not able to come I would like to thank Lorne for starting this event and donating to a great cause.

Oh yeah. Foxsea the stickers were great. There are a few left over and you need to PM Lorne about what you want to do with them. He say's he will try to sell them all. Awesome contribution. Thank you again for contributing to the event. That is what it was all about was sports fisherpeople contributing to something period! Cheers, Sculpin

The effort you guys put into this is inspiring. Lorne - please keep the stickers and put to good use (anti-viral tag campaign at Costco; Safeway; Superstore? lol: BBB Ops - Black Balaclava Business) If anyone else wants stickers (I have lots) please send me a message and I'll get them to you - the honour system: you'll donate to Alex's research.

Special thanks to Lorne and Sculpin - you rock!

Great event-fun to see the guys pour lead-all professionally well-done and safe. Great quality weights for a good cause. Got to put a face to some handles on the forum. Great afternoon,got all the weights I thought I ever wanted and won a prize as well. Great effort from all the guys that hosted the event. See you next year!!! Well done!

the groundwork was laid, if it goes annual, I only see it getting better and better!

Great Job guys!

Sorry I had a few names wrong in my previous post. I fixed that guys. Oh yeah burgers and dogs at Lornes place for the next few nights lol. Howz the head this morning hooktender68? Did you try out that prize lol?

Did not open the bottle! It will be stashed under the boat seat until further notice awaiting a special occasion this summer.... hopefully beat a guided 68 chin a guided 163 hali or a personal 40lb chin. Let cha know. Thanx Alberni fisher for the donation!

All the balls are spoken for. Thank you island girl and tortuga for picking up the remainder. Will pick up the cash on Tuesday and will have close 1200 to donate.

Thanks folks!

Lorne

Sweet... thanks for dropping off the balls John. How do I get a few of the yellow stickers?

Just send a donation ($5 ea - or more!) to Alex and send me your address.
BTW your message box is full...

Had a great time. My thanks to all that put in their time and effort. For those that were to busy to make it, you missed out seeing the lead being poured, and the awesome grill that the hamburgers and hot dogs were cooked on. Good to put faces on some the members, now, if I can only remember their names, lol. A good fund raiser for sure. ...........BB

Back