The new IFMP is out!

Where did Highwater get that info from?
I read Dfo's in fishing notices and I cant find that info about that yellow strip area.
In Fn 0692 there is a comment about fishing in areas of sub area 29-3 to 29-5 being closed till August 31 with more information to come.

Where did Highwater get that info from?
I read Dfo's in fishing notices and I cant find that info about that yellow strip area.
In Fn 0692 there is a comment about fishing in areas of sub area 29-3 to 29-5 being closed till August 31 with more information to come.
Good question, and similar to the Buy/Sell boat ad forum, these are posted for general interest without any actual knowledge of why or what.

I keep re reading that FN0692 and from my understanding 29-3 would be open for 1 chinook a day up to 80 cm until August 31.

But no fishing in that SRKW zone off the end of the north arm.

Well it certainly has me confused. In fn 0692, you're right, it says it's closed for chinook fishing east of line from gower point to Shah point on Valdez island till September 1.
But further down it says it's open In 29-3 to 29-5 for chinook fishing starting August 1 for 1 chinook a day with a maximum size limit of 80cm.
I dunno....maybe I'm missing something.

Harbour Chandler advertises a bunch of handy access plastic laminate maps, I’m not sure if they were just charts or if they are updated openings as a season goes on. You would have to check with them but it might be worth it.

if you go to the Pacific Angler Facebook page, because they cross the straight all the time and fish over on your side, they did do some recent posts showing the fisheries notice and the map area, that might be helpful as well.

Back