The Mentor

Hey Matt is that classed as a trophy hunt, if so you better watch out for Isander57 schooling you :eek::D

There are many "schoolers" on here. I don't think Nog should care what any bleeding heart thinks, that's a lifetime achievement award buck. What a beauty, thing is even if it was a 2x2 its a "trophy" to the deserving young man, and his mentor I am sure. Again good job Nog.

HM

PS: One Final Note: There will be an epilogue to this adventure. Following Christmas Morning that is...
wink.gif

Christmas Epilogue:

8YecVKh.jpg

uYkqUno.jpg

bVJ7bFn.jpg

9V1udtF.jpg

One very happy Young Gun!

After our time in the field I chatted with his Pa, and we collectively decided he is now old enough to begin his collection of hunting tools. Proud to offer him his first shotgun (of course the one he tagged that beautiful buck with!) and a great set of binoculars.

Merry Christmas Little Buddy!

Right Looking Forward to continuing our adventures this coming fall!

Cheers,
Nog

That young fella probably doesn’t even know how good he has it yet. Having a great mentor (and memories) is priceless. Great job Matt, everyone remembers their first gun. I know I do, it was on this day more than a few years ago I got it. Still have it and use it often.

This young fella is starting his outdoor career on the right path and will remember these times forever.

Well done.

Oly

That looks like dinner at my house almost every night, When its not fish. Us hunters eat way better than everybody else,hands down.

This tale keeps getting even better!

Yesterday River Sportsman in Campbell River held their annual Big Buck Contest.
Quite a few entries!

Long story short, our Young Gun took first in Youth, then went on to win Best Overall for 2018!!! :D
He kept the first place prize, a new scattergun.
The Youth prize he returned with these words:

"Young ones like me and him are our future. He should get that prize, and I insist that he does."

Sure as hell made this old heart swell with pride I'll tell you!!

1JDteZB.jpg

And true to his (and his Pa's nature) they didn't let even a single day go by without trying out the new toy!

Checking the fit:

JClg9Co.jpg

Ready to shoot:

Kt53vrK.jpg

The report came back that it is a very nice shotgun, with a rather good full choke.
Super tight patterns.
50 rounds today.
Happy Happy!

Yep - Happy Happy all round!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

I’ve read this story probably fifteen times and every time brings a smile to my face.
Very nice job and your story writing is fantastic
Can’t wait to hear more

Cabelas held their Big Buck Contest in Naniamo yesterday.
And a rather fitting Finale for this tale occurred...

The Young Gun won Best Buck Overall and Youth once again!

jEcuo1s.jpg

And picked up another fine set of binoculars for doing so!

TsYraBA.jpg

Must have shaken my hand fifteen times! LOL!

His biggest concern was getting me to agree to take him hunting again this coming fall.
Tried to string him along, but was giggling so hard it was of no use!

Of course my Young Friend!
Would not miss it for the world!!

Cheers!
Nog

Back