The improved fish camp thread

Wow, the lot looks great John. It's amazing how much more useable space you have now. Great work can't wait to see the final setup.

Cheers

Good thing we had a few bevy's in us or nothing would have gotten done; and the moon was lighting the way! LOL Had a good time except for the head injury; stupid ling!

Wow, the lot looks great John. It's amazing how much more useable space you have now. Great work can't wait to see the final setup.

Cheers

Thanks Alex. The space is unreal now. Might re-arrange a couple of things but I have a blank canvas now. I can't wait to have a frosty beverage with you at the Long Fin Lounge (aka: The Talking Tuna Tavern LOL!).

Good thing we had a few bevy's in us or nothing would have gotten done; and the moon was lighting the way! LOL Had a good time except for the head injury; stupid ling!

6 0z's of lead to the forehead will do that to a guy lol. I can still hear that whisper past my cheek as it just missed me :eek::). Thanks again for all the help Greg :cool:. Too bad you lost that nice blue ling............it may have been Owens from last year. We might have to give it a name lol. Elusive bugger for sure as it does not want to come into the boat. I think I will swap out the hook on that Point Wilson Dart. It nailed quite a few fish but that hook is way too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may do a day trip this week end and get my revenge or at least try to get the *******! LOL

I will give you a call if we make it out.

If you need any other help let me know but I think you need to get into fishing mode and get your freezer filled to keep the family happy as the season is a dismal 6 weeks left. I am game to help out through the fall and winter as well so you can have it finished for spring. Add your touches you need to get done and don't forget to have fun as well! Triple fisting your bevies seems to work for ya when your in the mode to get sh&t done.

I may do a day trip this week end and get my revenge or at least try to get the *******! LOL

I will give you a call if we make it out.

If you need any other help let me know but I think you need to get into fishing mode and get your freezer filled to keep the family happy as the season is a dismal 6 weeks left. I am game to help out through the fall and winter as well so you can have it finished for spring. Add your touches you need to get done and don't forget to have fun as well! Triple fisting your bevies seems to work for ya when your in the mode to get sh&t done.

And who was to blame for the triple fisting lol :rolleyes:;).
I think I will take your advice again and get some fishing in. I just need to get the trailers hooked up and weather proofed. The rest can wait :cool:.

Yeehaw John that place is looking sweet! Damn the lings don't stand a chance when you're out. Everytime you get a fat boy! Congrats on the work completed thus far. Don't finish it all, I want to get a shovel into the ground :) at this pace though, I will end up mowing the lawn!
Great job.

Yeehaw John that place is looking sweet! Damn the lings don't stand a chance when you're out. Everytime you get a fat boy! Congrats on the work completed thus far. Don't finish it all, I want to get a shovel into the ground :) at this pace though, I will end up mowing the lawn!
Great job.

The pace has slowed big time due to funds buddy :(. I appreciate your shoveling offer and there will be lot's of that still to do :p. Going to take Tidal Chaos's advice and get some fishing in. Good luck on your trip this weekend. Hope it all goes well and really look forward to a great report on your return :D.

Wow...John your lot is looking awesome Bud... im green with envy..you need any help at all with the lot let me know.

Udate

I missed posting a few weekends ago. Probably due to the tuna buzz lol.

The first weekend that Tidal Chaos and crew came up to head out on their maiden tuna trip we built some trusses for the new to me trailer.

We just stored them at the back until this past long weekend. Things go pretty good with a team of 5 guys and two of them being carpenters.

We got the roof on and even started the outdoor shower and change room.

The power pole went in as well and hopefully will be hooked up this week.

Another big shout out to Tidal Chaos and crew and to Firelight. THANK YOU again for all the help guys! I couldn't have done it with out you. Very much appreciated:).

To be continued..........

Any more updates to this sculpin? I'm trying to convince the girlfriend we should look into doing this.

Besides the power being hooked up (finally), nope. That's how she sits. Done for the year. Might build a little firewood shed off the back of the little trailer, cut up some of those logs, and split them. That's it till Spring. I'll be doing some tidying up, finishing the shed, etc. over the winter but nothing major. Looking forward to going up quite a few times over the winter now that it is a little more comfortable.

Where is this property bud? Looks really peaceful over there. I can't wait to move back to the island. I have been watching the improvements come along and it's looks good. I just don't want to wait until next year for updates as the forum is a little slow in the winter so get back at er.

Cannibal Chris.

Where is this property bud? Looks really peaceful over there. I can't wait to move back to the island. I have been watching the improvements come along and it's looks good. I just don't want to wait until next year for updates as the forum is a little slow in the winter so get back at er.

Cannibal Chris.

The forum is slow this time of year Chris. Get out prawning or crabbing over the winter. It's funner creating reports than reading them :). I never winterize my boat and like to get out every couple of weeks during the winter. Makes it go by faster :p:D.

Cannibal Chris.
Sorry , the island is full now ... Pls take a number

Just so you fellas know I am from the island and have been visiting the mainland for ten years now but the first 28 were on VI so I still consider myself an island person. Puff puff.

Cannibal Chris.

Just so you fellas know I am from the island and have been visiting the mainland for ten years now but the first 28 were on VI so I still consider myself an island person. Puff puff.

Cannibal Chris.

I got that part Chris :cool:. Others may have been trying to be cheeky lol.

Island life will make folks say the craziest things lol. I love it over here and I hope you make it back home someday :).

Great spot. Never seen that roof idea before. Just wondering are you thinking the trusses add enough weight that its not going anywhere in a wind storm?

Great spot. Never seen that roof idea before. Just wondering are you thinking the trusses add enough weight that its not going anywhere in a wind storm?

It's attached pretty good to the trailer. It has seen one bad storm already and there was no signs of damage. Time will tell though lol. I needed a peaked sheet metal roof to collect rain water. Still have to put gutters on and buy a first flush system for the down spout.

Back