The "Blue Magoo" flasher...

El_Kabong

Gibbs Highliner "Guide Series" flasher with a blueberry UV blade, Moon Jelly back, glow tape front with a fire stripe. I almost bought this one today, just on the name alone.

Anyone use one of these? What sort of conditions? Have you been able to KABONG any smileys behind one?

Or is this just another lure to catch fishermen, and not fish?!

OLAY!

I wonder if the blade is uv? The uv green blade version with silver tape instead of moon jelly does me well. I think that glow tape is superior to the usual crackle glow tape. My buddy tried the Blue Magoo 2 weeks ago around the QA but it was slow all around so not a fair test. Thinkin bout trying the blue magoo with glow blue spackle hoochie when fishing the straight under the fraser silt blanket or over the other side next month..

For the other side my fav setup is a the blue splatterback behind a blue & glow blade

I might pick one up, next time I see it. Just for the Lulz.

What did you get that smiley with? The Bluuuuuuuue Magoo! And dooooooooon't you forget it!

OLAY!

For the other side my fav setup is a the blue splatterback behind a blue & glow blade

doesn't work :eek:
nope. not at all:rolleyes:

Bob Meyers used to recommend a blue flasher and black oil slick needlefish hoochie. goes back 20 years but I have tried it and it catches big fish. I'll have to see if I can add that blue spackle hooch to the arsenal and use it. Flasher sounds good, also. thanks all.

I have used the blue splatterback hoochie and also the blue splatterback kingfisher spoon.

Never caught anything on either. Green splatterback will outfish those all day long.

I'm not a big believer in blue lures for these waters....mainly because the water is mostly green a lot of the time on the inside. But there are a couple of blue-green hoochies that work pretty good. The color blue and violet are the colors that show deepest at depth before fade-out.

However two years back or so there was a blue P-line hoochie that was doing a lot of damage mid-ECVI. If the reports were correct per 'Fish Assassin'.

Those guys on the t.v. show.....seems all they use everywhere they go around here is a blue flasher and a blue spoon.

Last edited:
Back