Thanks for stealing my bearing covers

Gerry

I was out fishing Saturday at Cheanuh. I have fished there for years, without any problems. Out before light, first truck there, back at 1 p.m., seven trucks in the lot. After I trailer my boat I notice that someone had stolen both of my bearing covers. I have bearing buddies, they took both sides, the kind with grease nipples and a rubber cover. Those things are very hard to get off so someone was very determined and prepared with the right tools. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't think that there is anyway to secure those things. Oh, and I only caught one spring!

Gerry just a thought, I once had my bearing buddy pop off when trailering as a result of my bearing letting go and the wheel was not true. Figured it out when on the way home the wheel was wobbling.

I almost wish that had happened. However, I know that both bearings were on the trailer when I left my place in the morning as I wash and garage the boat each time out. I also tend to be quite fussy regarding the bearings as I have had one go on me before (that was a fun trip). I know that they were tight and everything was okay. Unfortunately they definitely went missing while I was out.

that's sucks - I've never had any trouble with missing gear around cheanuh, I hope this isn't a trend.

All the years of fishing I have never heard of someone doing something like that what a shame I feel really sorry for you that really sucks !!!!!!!price of them is what maybe 50 bucks for the pair??? what else do we have to lock up???
hopefully it was just kids messing around.

Wolf

A guy at work had his whole winch post stolen off his boat trailer once at the Crofton boat ramp. Thieves will take anything if they want it bad enough.

It happened to me once while the boat was at a Dealer for service. The part about they only need a hammer is very true, as they managed to damage one of the hubs, such that I lost the replacement, blew the bearings, hub and damaged the spindle. Make sure that they did not damage the hub as it will cost you more down the road.

I've had my boat tampered with twice already this year at Cheanuh. It sucks. Me thinks it has to do with my pro salmon farming stance but cannot prove it. Regardless we live in a culture of cowards. People prefer to snipe from the weeds instead of coming out and meeting face to face. Keyboard tough guys. Regardless glad you did not find out the hard way like I did.

quote:I've had my boat tampered with twice already this year at Cheanuh. It sucks. Me thinks it has to do with my pro salmon farming stance but cannot prove it.

Karma is a *****!

Take only what you need.

Barbender I agree with you on that. I do not like fish farms and would argue about their need to exist but I would not and do not agree with sneaking around back and tampering with a man's equipment. I would be up front and in your face about it and would not do something cheap like that.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

I hear you gunsmith and with a handle like yours I would expect nothing less. Most people on this site are intelligent level headed people that are open minded to reasoned debate. However it is the moronic few that seem to go that extra step and seem to be out of step with reality. Regardless I find it to be very cowardly to do stuff behind peoples backs (then call it karma). Some of you that know me personally know I fish primarily with small children (even take kids out for the pink festival). Is it karma if something happens to them as well? Anyway just thought it interesting that some people would take that route. No worries. I am a big boy and can deal with it.

quote:I find it to be very cowardly to do stuff behind peoples backs (then call it karma)

I didn't do **** to you, but I just think it is funny the way things work out. Look up the word "Karma" and apply it as you see fit.

If it was done to you by someone for your pro-farm attitude then you should call the police into play, because as you say there might have been lives other than yours put in harms way. That crap is just cowardly I'd have to agree with you on that. Who knows how far some of these fishing lunatics are willing to take their fight. But if it happend just because of the type of guy you are, then thats karma...

Take only what you need.

that sucks when people steal your stuff

if anyone attempts to steal or tamper with my stuff....sure hope they can run over 3200 feet per second:D

Yup .. definitely a deterrent.[xx(]

IMG_1445.jpg

Originally posted by Gerry
I don't think that there is anyway to secure those things.

Gerry, you can use some locktight sleevelocker on your new bearing buddies. By doing this they will for shure never fall off and you or someone else will nead a torch with that hammer to remove.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Back