Telagraph Cove

walleyes

Crew Member
nephew is going up to Telegraph cove on the 7th just wondering if they are there yet (I mean the chinooks).. get back soon I can steer him in a differant direction... they wre up there 3 weeks ago and did pretty good but have some family going for a trip and would like to show them a good time..

look what i wrote under Back from knight

Wolf

Stopped off at Telegraph cove on the way back from Rivers Inlet (Aug 27-28), mostly Pinks being caught. I fished only one morning and released about a dozen pinks and kept a nice 12 lb Coho. The fish count girl said no Springs coming in, but a local guide had a couple Springs in their teens and said he did ok the day before. It was pretty windy 15 - 25 Knots in the morning and gales up to 40 knots in the late afternoon. Hence I only fished one rod most of the time as I left the wife at Telegraph Cove.

There still lots of springs up there look at where the guide boats go to that are parked right down near the fish cleaning station.

Good luck Wolf

Wolf if I was to guess where you are talking that would be Lizard Point, I was fishing Donegal Head?

anywhere along there the slide and up from there we call the hump and if you want to go furter black bluff or bare pt those always produce springs.

Good luck Wolf

Thanks Wolf , what are the preferred depths fishing off Malcom?

I ran my gear from 30 feet down to about 60 feet, I tend to fish shallower until I have a better understanding of the underwater topography. Have hit the odd unmarked reef in the past.

Depends last year we were fishing in 40 ft of water and deepest rod was 33 ft this year were out in the 80 ft level fishing as far down as 70 ft you will have to experiment as to where they are.

Good luck Wolf

Thanks Wolf, likely will not make it back up this year, next trip will be Ukie.

Back