Tandem axle trailer

Here's a question for you guys, I have a single axle ezloader trailer with a capacity of somewhere between 3500 and 3800lbs in excellent shap. I like the ride of tandem axle trailers and the brakes as well as added weight capacity. I want to add more weight to my boat, big motors and pod, Prob about 4200lbs. Have any of you seen or know of a place to buy used tandem axle trailers for a reasonable price. I have shopped for new ones and the average is between 3600 and 4500 $. Have any of you simply added another axle to your trailers, or is that just a bad idea? Also if anyone in this forum is selling a tandem trailer let me know. Also if anyone knows where to get better deals on trailers then the price's I've seen please let me know. Thanks guys.

Reel If you want to sell your trailer I'd be interested. E mail me if you wish, I' m in Duncan area.

Thanks for the tips guys, I have not seen a good deal on a used trailer yet (even on used vic). looks like people just wear them out and buy new. I think I'll go new.

My 2 cents is to bite the bullet and buy new. You'll thanks yourself in 3 years when you have a trailer you can rely on to get your wherever you need to go. Tandems are the way to go even if you have a small boat especially if you travel the rougher roads of the island...I find the single axles fall into the potholes whereas the tandems tend to ride over. I have owned both EZ Loader and Karavan..go with EZ Loader.

Keep a good eye on buysell.com some pretty good deals on there... or go see Mike at Roadrunner on Mitchell Island.... they make a pretty good trailer... good guys down there!

Keep a good eye on buysell.com some pretty good deals on there... or go see Mike at Roadrunner on Mitchell Island.... they make a pretty good trailer... good guys down there!

Back