Taken from the DFO wbsite

Jencourt

I am sure this has always been there but first I have seen it. caught my attention. Funny that they publicly acknowledge it yet continue to hand it all over to commie export .

"In an average year about 28 million salmon, 75 per cent of them pink and sockeye, are caught in British Columbia with a landed value of approximately $250 million. The recreational fishery in southern British Columbia has an even larger impact with a value to the economy estimated to be over $500 million. "

Last edited by a moderator:
One could only imagine what the economic impact locally would be if the larger percentages were earmarked for the sport sector, stimulating the recreational fisheries and the tourism (be it Canadian tourists or Foreign tourists) generating large amounts of spending to target these fish, and at the same time having the least amount of impact on the biomass. More fish would get up the rivers each year and the stocks would most likely remain strong. But NOOOO, we unleash the square hook fleet and they mop up all of the fish in the water in a matter of hours (just look at the Sockeye fishery in the PA canal last year), they clean them out in the fastest most efficient way possible with the least amount of money spent possible to harvest the fish.

If they acknowledge the benefits, then we need to communicate with them to convince them that the best benefit to Canada and the fishery, would be to revisit and adjust the status quo. Just saying.... maybe time to change things up.

Back