Take action against open net salmon farming.....

I encourage those who are against open net fish farms to sign this petition and get your family and friends to do the same.

Also whenever you are in a restaurant or grocery store always ask if the salmon is wild or farmed. If it is farmed tell them you don't support/buy farmed salmon, and if you like why.

You will be very surprised at how powerful this is over time in shutting down the interest and demand for feedlot, lice farmed salmon! If we want to shut these disease spreading, ocean polluting, salmon and habitat destroying feedlots, we need to speak up and out!!!

Obviously most people know where i stand on this issue, but my personal opinion is over the last year is after building crazy amounts of momentum through one focused directive, there seems to be to many FB pages, petitions, websites etc. and the like to keep up with, making it less of a force. One group of 5000 and a petition of 50,000 in my opinion is better then 10 groups of 500, and 20 petitions with a few thousand signatures on them.

Just my opinion.

Lorne

Also whenever you are in a restaurant or grocery store always ask if the salmon is wild or farmed. If it is farmed tell them you don't support/buy farmed salmon, and if you like why.

Good point Christopher; I always ask too. Mostly just to increase local awareness and support for wild fish. Sadly, in the big-picture it won't make much of a difference if all Canadians stopped eating the **** - only about 1 in 10 farmed fish that is grown in OUR WATERS is eaten in Canada.

I just signed and im going to get my family and friends to do the same! Also tomorrow im going to go to my local fishing stores and ask if I can leave a small note at the desk with this website address and information. Good note on the restaurants! Heading out for dinner shortly and you can bet its going to be the first question I ask. Hey an additional question, while commercial fishing this summer I was talking to an old marinier who was very much against open pen farming, and he told me a rumor that marine harvest has actually got a history of being charged for attempting to pay off the government. Anybody know anything about this?

Got off the phone with one of my partners. Apparently mr.wacus (not sure on spelling but he owns the joye fleet). from port hardy is building a 12 million dollar fish farm packer. As much as I hate it? it doesn't appear our gov is going to do much about the Cohen report.

WTF is wrong with these people - 240,000 contaminated fish... quick, lets get them to market. Jebesus.

Oh, sorry, there is no risk to human health, right...

Got off the phone with one of my partners. Apparently mr.wacus (not sure on spelling but he owns the joye fleet). from port hardy is building a 12 million dollar fish farm packer. As much as I hate it? it doesn't appear our gov is going to do much about the Cohen report.

What kind of a fish packer can a guy build for $12 million these days? Another Sterling Carrier?

Why should our tax dollars compensate a Free Enterprise Fish Farmer for his diseased fish cull. Buy insurance like anyone else. Stop parasiting (Liceing) off the taxpayer and add that into your true cost of a farmed fish.

Back