SVIAC 2015 Annual General Meeting Apr. 23!

SVIAC

It's that time again for SVIAC to have its AGM.

South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition will hold their Annual General Meeting on Thursday April 23rd, 2015 in the Orchid Room at the Sandman Hotel, 2582 Douglas Street, Victoria from 7:30-9:30 pm.

After the normal business portion of the meeting, the agenda will include a society activity report on our involvement in the Sooke River Chinook Salmon Revitalization Initiative and a detailed report on this year’s Fraser River Chinook management.

All SVIAC members are welcome to attend. There will also be opportunities to buy or renew SVIAC memberships and to buy tickets for the 2015 Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament.

Food and beverages will be available for purchase and there will also be a 50-50 draw! Come out and find out what SVIAC has been doing and will be doing to support and enhance the fisheries around South Vancouver Island.

Hope to see many of you there!!!

Date error/confusion re: the Meeting.

There seems to be some confusion here that needs to be cleared up or you could have less people at the meeting than you should. The title says the SVIAC Annual General Meeting is on April 27th, but the text says that it is on April 23.

The other notice in the meeting section says the 23rd so I suspect that is very likely the correct date.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in fact on the 23rd. I wish we had known the playoff sched when we picked the date.

I regrettably was not able to attend this year. For those of you who were there; what did you consider the highlights information wise and would you mind sharing. I have always found the annual SVIAC meeting interesting and feel like I missed out this year.

You weren't alone. We booked a large room (back before playoff schedule was out) and ended up with 13 members and 6 boards members. Chris talked about the Sooke Chinook project which is ongoing and about the proposal to have area 19/20 never go below zone 2 and how that is being done. The rest was the usual agm stuff, a call for more volunteers and a membership number update.

I regrettably was not able to attend this year. For those of you who were there; what did you consider the highlights information wise and would you mind sharing. I have always found the annual SVIAC meeting interesting and feel like I missed out this year.

Hey Rick there was a lot on Sooke restoration project as well as where the organization is headed..Was worthwhile but disappointing how little showed.. I also saw the same story in the winter... A few more but its really dropped off in interest that just my observation from going to them.. Could be the date or hockey but seriously sucks a little for these guys working on this...

Unfortunately I'm in Winnipeg and couldn't attend meeting, any chance that minutes could be made available next year for those who can't attend?

Keep up the good work guy's, your efforts are most definitely appreciated.

GnB

Back