SVIAC’s Annual General Meeting, Thursday 20th March 2014

Whole in the Water

Here is a reminder and the agenda for the SVIAC Annual General Meeting. It would be great to have lots of people come out and see the progress SVIAC has made in it's first year and see what plans they have for the upcoming year - some good news for local recreational anglers and the businesses that depend on recreational fishing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a reminder about SVIAC’s Annual General Meeting this Thursday 20th March 2014 at 7:30 p.m. The location is the usual West Shore Ballroom of the Four Point Sheraton Victoria Gateway Hotel, 829 McCallum Road in Langford behind Costco. Agenda is below the signature bar of this email. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and there is a cash bar in the room. Of note, the adjoining restaurant, the Inferno Chophouse and Bar, is offering some great dinner specials for those who want to come early.

We have organized a great guest speaker too. Jason McNamee, who is the scientific advisor at the World Aquarium and Conservation for the Oceans Foundation as well as a director of the Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation, noted for their ocean fertilization project conducted off the Queen Charlotte Islands July 2012.

There will be raffles and draw prizes available, so bring some cash along with you. SVIAC memberships and tickets for the Alpine Group Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament will be on sale at the event as well.

I look forward to seeing you there and please feel free to bring along a friend who might be interested to join our society.

Kindest regards,

Chris
Victoria, BC V8V 5A6
(778) 426-4141
www.anglerscoalition.com

AGENDA:
6:30 p.m – West Shore Ballroom doors and cash bar open
7:25 p.m – Welcome and introductions – Thomas Cole, ret’d CPO

7:30 p.m – Guest speaker - Jason McNamee, B.Sc. - Director – Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation

8:30 p.m – 10 minute break

8:40 p.m – SVIAC AGM (minutes previous AGM, reports, old business, new business) + elections

9:45 p.m – Meeting adjourned

10:45 p.m – cash bar closes

Unfortunately, I can't make. I have to stay home with the toddler. Hope it's a good turnout.

I had planned to go but I am battling round 2 with the flu. I don't want to spread this plague to the good fisherman and conservationists who are able to attend.

Thanks, guys. That was very informative. Great action plan as well. If you can accomplish only half of it all you guys will be heros.

Back