Suzuki Outboards

C

Country Boy

How many guys are running these motors ? What do you think of them, quality, reliabilty, warranty work(should you need it). I know a guide that is running twin 250's and really likes them ? Are they as good as a Yamaha or a Honda ?

I purchased a Suzuki DF90 this spring, 90 hours so far</u> and the motor has not skipped a beat. Smooth operation, lots of torque, great trolling (650rpm for hours), and almost unbelievable fuel economy. I currently use Yamahas at work and, dare I say, these are much better. I would buy and recommend a Suzuki wihtout hesitation.

I have an 140 Johnson/Suzuki fourstroke and it is awesome. Considering the weight compared to other 4 stks, 9 lbs. more than a Yamaha 115, it is attractive as well. Cannot comment on reliability yet, about 40hrs. so far but has been great so far.

I have a 140 Suzuki/Johnson on my 21' Trophy. This is my third season with it, and it has been absolutely great. It's got lots of hours on it now, and runs just as well as the first day I put it into the water. The fuel consumption is very low, and makes running to Big Bank almost affordable.

I have gone through 3 tilt switches on my throttle, all of which were covered under warranty. The newest one is a new design and seems like it will last.

FishWish

Run a 2003 Johnson (Suzuki) and it has been trouble free (3000 plus hours to date).
Interesting that I too have been through three tilt switchs this year and it just calfed two days ago.(again)
Last time (two weeks ago) I hard wired up down switchs under the dash because I just don't trust the ones on the throttle.

Back