Suzuki df200 tilt trim issues

Fishtank

So was docking the boat this morning and tried the raise the engine out of the water for storage while at the dock.tilt trim will not engage at all anymore.i have been noticing it takes a few extra hits of the switch to start working recently but now will not go up or down at all.checked the fluid before i put it in the water a week ago so i assume its not that.is there anything that easy to look at while its in the water or should i pull it.also does anybody have any experience with dealing with the boat mechanics at oak bay marina,thanks in advance-jesse.

There will be a tilt solenoid that you can put power to directly and bypass the switch. If it works then you know its the switch...if not it could be the solenoid. Typically there are two solenoids together on the engine...one is for the engine starter the other for the tilt motor.

My Yamaha had a similar problem, you could hear the solenoid click but the motor wouldn't go up. Turned out it was the electric motor that drove the hydraulic pump. There were four bolts holding it on and the motor still turned, when we removed it to diagnose, but not strong enough to power the hydraulic lift. 80-90$ for a replacement one off eBay shipped to Seawings in Sidney. Quoted over $600 plus labour at a local dealer, if I remember correctly. Hope it's a cheap fix and your back on the water soon.

Sounds like your pump is working. If you can, raise motor up and put down travel lock lever. Lower rams all the way and return to up position. Some times ram fluid will be different than the other. This procedure will equalize the fluid in both cylinders.

Back