Sunshine Coast Reports

yes, I would have to say that fishing has been good, if you like catching undersize after undersize. Finding a keeper has proven alittle more difficult though. Best outcome is if these are next years keepers, then next year will be a great year!

I have'nt had a hard time getting some keepers this year. The last two trips out I have had three keepers and lost 4 more to seels all of size. But the boat is down for repairs and hopfuly out this weekend again.

Jig, what area are you fishing? Luckily, I've had no problem with the seals, and there has been a bunch of them around right near the boat and following me while I was catching these undersize fish. Maybe they were getting enough on their own not to bug me, either that or they just weren't interested in a small fish and waiting for me to hook a big keeper.

I fish Epson's point, Trail Island and Point Upwood. How about you?

My boat is kept at a private dock in Square Bay at the south end of Welcome Passage, so most of the time I will be found at Epsom Point, Buccaneer Bay, Pirate Rock, and Halfmoon Bay down to Sargents Bay. Haven't gotten down to Trail Islands yet, or ventured any further north than Secret Cove.

My last 3 trips out were last saturday, sunday, and tuesday evening, all spent at Epsom Point/Bucc Bay and managed to boat about 2 dozen fish over those days, all but the 8 pounder were in the 23-24" range. I think I could use a fish stretcher, or maybe I should invent one!

If you have a radio, give me a call when you're out there. My boat name/call sign is Butt Ugly. I might get out tomorrow I hope. Even better, drop in to the Halfmoon Bay country fair on sunday and get yourself a burger. I will be there cooking burgers and dogs with the Fire dept. Ask for Tim and we can have a chat about fishing.

HI Tim, I am Joel from SVFD. My boat has been down and out for the last week but I hope to be out there sat night or juring the day on sunday. try me as well @ SLAB ON.

Well, son of a b*#@!

I coulda just talked to ya today while we were on standby at your hall after you got back from that brush fire.

Call me if you want to get out tomorrow if your boat aint workin, and we'll go in mine!

Back