Stormy Weekend!!!

Sculpin

I had to head up to my lot this weekend to check on it. The neighbor called and said my pump was running continuously and he turned it off. I wanted to check that out and see if any vermin had found a way in lol.

It was raging the whole way up there and Sutton's Pass had quite a bit of snow. The wind and rain in the river valley below Sutton's was unreal. The windiest and hardest rain I have ever experienced on that road. It carried on through the night and the trailer took it like a champ. I'm very pleased with firelight's roof design :).

Some shots from the Beach this morning.

I didn't hit snow until about half way between Kennedy Lake and Sutton's Pass.

Continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
There was way more snow today than last night. Sutton's was almost a white out!

The whole way back to Port was like this.

The Taylor flats.

The roads were pretty clear in Port but then there was still the hump to deal with.

All through Cathedral Grove and Cameron Lake it was like this.

Anyways. Thought I would share a few shots of my not so nice drive. I bet Fishtofino wishes he was home :rolleyes:.

I hope everyone else made it home safe if they were out in this weather.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Glad to hear that roof made it through the wind, John. Based on your earlier pictures, I can't figure out how it is held down.

We had a blizzard in Royston this afternoon. Snowed hard enough to block my satellite dish!! Had to sweep the dish off so I could watch the Olympic curling Canada v. China replay!

No snow down in Victoria, but very windy and wet.
looks like 2 or 3 days before these systems start backing off.

Ran up to Gibson's Saturday afternoon from West Van and back again this afternoon. Nasty conditions but this afternoon it was more the brutal gusts from various directions and less so the seas being too big --was hard to steer as boat would get seriously pushed off course - one gust had to be at least 50 knots hitting us head on and slightly to starboard . The driving rain, sleet and 1/4 mile vis just added to the "fun".

Glad we went to Port Alberni on Saturday to pick up the boat. Was hoping to get her out for her first run today but no luck. Will have to get the fish finder installed this week and hope next weekend is better.

Power off at 5pm because of a rotten hemlock on the line. 4" of wet heavy snow, rain and then more snow-- CRASH! Since only my power was off and not the neighbors I didnt expect to get power until today. I was pleasantly surprised to be waken up at 2:30pm by BC Hydro crew restringing the wires and cutting the hemlock up so a vehicle could get past it . They finally got finished at 4:30 pm. Great service .. and great big "Thank You!"

All the rivers were blown so I headed out into the mountains---nuts weather! Camped 4 nights at Baker Mountain in the camper (with no heat---gas heater puked)

More snow then I've ever seen in my life coming down so freaking fast!

Here's my camper after the first night:

Here's a bull dozer I parked next to ---protected me from 70 MPH winds Monday night (50 sustained)

Skiing the trees: unreal amounts of snow out there now!

here's the dog in the camper giving me stink-eye for taking her out into the mountains in blizz conditions:

Nice to know there's finally a chance of getting a good snow pack in the mountains for the long hot summer coming for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back