Storing Tomic plugs

Matt16

I have about 30 Tomic plugs in Ziploc freezer bags. There has to be a better way to store these things, what do you do?

Sometimes a Plano 3700 or two it works but is far from ideal

IMGP0546.jpg

IMGP0547.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few smaller Plano boxes that I use and each are in categories like first string, 2nd string and different water conditions

I have a few smaller Plano boxes that I use and each are in categories like first string, 2nd string and different water conditions
And being organized on the water makes for more efficient time not wasted looking around for a plug you know is somewhere on the boat...that is why your a highliner!

Did you forget to say which ones?
No, I didn’t forget.

In my opinion there’s no 1 size fits all.

A lot of variables such as water color, light conditions, depth you’re fishing, bait size and time of year.

I committed to them for several years when I was fishing without guests, many times without success but learned a lot. Having access to a lot of fish around Tofino certainly helped with the learning curve.

Yes, all good patterns but some individual plugs just fish better than others
Indeed, and the old time highliner trollers used to mark the good ones - usually a simple line for each fish scratched into the shovel nose area using the hook until it was evident from a few marks that was a winner. And, when you lose a good one its a very sad occasion. One advantage to pulling the pin is often the plug floats to the surface and if you are lucky it can be seen and retrieved.

Back