Stopping leaks in old aluminum boat

Thanks guys, after searching around we did find this product called Durafix. Here is the website... http://durafix.com/

It is a solder type product that you heat up the aluminum to proper temp then like solder touch the product and it will turn to a liquid and flow into the crack or metal edge you are trying to weld. It looks from the online demo to be very strong. We have ordered a sample of the product and will work with it and report back in a few weeks when it arrives via mail. Hopefully it works and we can get old "Relic" back in the water...ugliest boat in Barkley Sound.

Searun

th_067.jpg

We plan to try the durafix first. Plan isn't to spend a lot of cash on the boat as it is a real POS, which is part of the beauty of the plan...that way no one in their right mind would try stealing RELIC as we plan on leaving him up at the cabin 24/7. I think the bed liner option will be too much $$. We may try to hit some of the obvious areas with sika flex.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Searun,

I had the same POS situation. I used a product called "sloshing sealer" by REDKOTE. They use it on planes and it works great! The only problem is you are left over with some red on the seams/rivets at the interior - but some grey paint and your good to go. No leaks in 10 years.....

Good luck

Back