Stolen

Prawny

Diisapointed today in the fishing brotherhood. Prawning between Harwood Vivian Islands today. Waited for a tug with big log boom to pass before setting my prawning gear. Saw two floats in the path of the boom get wiped out. It could possibly be the owner of those traps who came back to check his gear in a "Trophy" boat from the Powel River area, to find his floats taken out by the boom. He was wandering back and forth. He waited until I was pulling the first of my set some diatance away, then pulled one of my scotchman and traps and was gone. Saw him pulling but did not realize he was pulling mine until I went over to my marker to picket pick it up. Whoever the low life misery was, you now have my scotchman with my name and phone number on it, two dependable folding traps 500 ft of line, extra 3lb. clip on weights and two bait trays. No doubt you will not read this because this site is for those who care a little about decency and honesty, which does not appear to haver a place in your vacant life. This just a heads up for those who prawn in and around that area.

Diisapointed today in the fishing brotherhood. Prawning between Harwood Vivian Islands today. Waited for a tug with big log boom to pass before setting my prawning gear. Saw two floats in the path of the boom get wiped out. It could possibly be the owner of those traps who came back to check his gear in a "Trophy" boat from the Powel River area, to find his floats taken out by the boom. He was wandering back and forth. He waited until I was pulling the first of my set some diatance away, then pulled one of my scotchman and traps and was gone. Saw him pulling but did not realize he was pulling mine until I went over to my marker to picket pick it up. Whoever the low life misery was, you now have my scotchman with my name and phone number on it, two dependable folding traps 500 ft of line, extra 3lb. clip on weights and two bait trays. No doubt you will not read this because this site is for those who care a little about decency and honesty, which does not appear to haver a place in your vacant life. This just a heads up for those who prawn in and around that area.
With a name like @Prawny i can tell you take prawning seriously. That guy is such a piece of poop.
You have good karma coming your way buddy

It might be a good idea to stick a Apple Airtag on the scotchman or something. The part of the scotchman where the rope ties onto seems solid and maybe you could make a slot to insert an Airtag, and silicone it in place.

Thanks guys for your responces to my theft, love the idea of the airtags . The possability of confronting the misery who stole them and calling him out would be "oh so good" Harold, "get the gun"

I think they need to be within 100’ of a phone. Not necessarily your phone. They wouldn’t make sense if you had to be with it 100’ of your stolen car

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 7
That’s not true, they work on the find my network. Also, the thief will get a notification on their phone saying that they are travelling with something that isn’t theirs, which is hilarious.
Right, that's what I thought. They need to be x distance away from any device with data on.

How would you attach an AirTag to a Scotchman without it being obvious? I'm no thief, but if I was, first thing I would do is cut it off and huck it in the chuck.

How would you attach an AirTag to a Scotchman without it being obvious? I'm no thief, but if I was, first thing I would do is cut it off and huck it in the chuck.
They aren’t thick. It’s like a loonie. The part where the rope attaches too seems like it’s solid rubber. You could dremel a little slot in there and stick it in and black silicone over.

Guys that steal traps are probably dumb enough to not notice the thin bead of black silicone right away

They aren’t thick. It’s like a loonie. The part where the rope attaches too seems like it’s solid rubber. You could dremel a little slot in there and stick it in and black silicone over.

Guys that steal traps are probably dumb enough to not notice the thin bead of black silicone right away
It's not what you think on the Scotsman buoys. The inner air pocket goes up to the rope hole and surrounds it a bit if that makes sense. I've tried to repair them. Nope. Think you would have to stick it in a foam trailer.

It's not what you think on the Scotsman buoys. The inner air pocket goes up to the rope hole and surrounds it a bit if that makes sense. I've tried to repair them. Nope. Think you would have to stick it in a foam trailer.
Well that sucks. What am I gonna do with these four AirTags now lol. I have been meaning to do the scotchman main float and foam secondary float so maybe I’ll stick em in there

put the air tag thingy under a healthy bed of hockey tape wrapped around the thru hill portion of the scotty. they won’t peel it off.

Well that sucks. What am I gonna do with these four AirTags now lol. I have been meaning to do the scotchman main float and foam secondary float so maybe I’ll stick em in there
Trailers are a must for us. However I'm still getting used to not fishing with tide bottles lol. Ohh man I wanna # tag that one so bad

I think we have covered the airtag well. An exploding dye pack that activates on pulling the scotchman onboard if it is not deactivated. Explain that bright dye that is now all over your fishing gear, jacket skin and the rest of your gear and the boat. Not sure if there is such a thing, but could bring a little shame to the well stained thief. Probably just a tad more civilized than calling on Harold. p.s. Could possibly be suffering from a revengeful attitude? The biggest problem I have now is there are no more Deoendable traps on the market. I have been able to store 8 foldable traps in plastic outdoor storage container which fits across the stern of my boa, with weights bait etc. When closed it is a great platform to set up the gear. The present foldable rectangular traps are all now made in China and no comparison to the Dependable. Any of you guys know any one that wants to sell a rectangular DEPENDABLE prawn trap that is not in use, maybe you could pm me. Thanks

Last edited:
Back