STOLEN 9.9 Yamaha

Maybe this will help. So what I've been doing for kicker installs for the past few years is this.

Remove the thumb screws on the front of the engine bracket. Get long threaded 1/2inch stainless bolts and tighten. Cut the bolt head off about a 1/2 inch material sticking out. Can be removed by zipcutting a slot if ever want to remove. Makes it a real pain in the butt for a thief.

Bolt the things on boys
I did what you said and then took a chisel and beat up the threads. They can still get it, but they’ll have to work for it.

Where does one get one of these? I take it they are small enough to fit inside, and innocuous enough that the thief (and or buyer) is unlikely to notice it....or at least notice it quickly? I lost an 8 horse Yammy a couple years ago, and now have several "security devices" attached to my new one, and a light and trail cam for when the inevitable low lifts come by to take a look in huge middle of the night, but the GPS tracker is a fabulous idea.
https://www.apple.com/airtag/ $39 USD

They're the size of a quarter, and have been in the news lately being used by creeps tracking women (dropped in their pockets/purses etc).

FD

Back