STOLEN 9.9 Yamaha

kingblazer84

Well boys my wife’s uncle had his 2017 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust stolen last night and unbolted right off the transom of his hewescraft in Kelowna

Model 9.9XWHB
S/N 6AVKX1045393

If anybody sees it posted for sale please let me know

Well boys my wife’s uncle had his 2017 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust stolen last night and unbolted right off the transom of his hewescraft in Kelowna

Model 9.9XWHB
S/N 6AVKX1045393

If anybody sees it posted for sale please let me know
What's the general neighbourhood?

Removed the vigilante posts. Seems every time someone posts a stolen item, we have to remind people that threats of violence are not permitted here and that the authorities monitor publicly posted information. If you ever find yourself in an altercation that ends badly, these types of threats will be used against you.

The crappy part is we think it’s another angler, because those things aren’t available for about a year or so from Yamaha. They also weigh A lot for the size wouldn’t be easy to man handle
I doubt it's another fisherman. Usually guys that do property crimes like stealing a kicker are deep into drugs. Probably haven't thought about fishing for years. The guy that buys it is a real low life. Good luck with the insurance company.

I doubt it's another fisherman. Usually guys that do property crimes like stealing a kicker are deep into drugs. Probably haven't thought about fishing for years. The guy that buys it is a real low life. Good luck with the insurance company.
The fisherman orders the engine. They don't just steal random stuff. The product was already sold and they fulfilled the order. So yes it was a fisherman.

Last edited:
I had a 9.9 go a week into owning my first boat. Good lesson to learn. I believe the motor popped up on Craigslist a few weeks later. It was a brand new merc command thrust. Same as mine. Seemed to coincidental. I asked the seller a few questions about the motor. He got weird and then ghosted me. Forwarded the listing to the officer who I reported the theft to. He called me ten days later and said the listing was taken down and not much he could do.

Don't leave stuff unattended. Lesson learned.

GPS trackers tucked in cowlings work, if we all did it and these assholes were caught things just might change eh. hope he gets it back !
Where does one get one of these? I take it they are small enough to fit inside, and innocuous enough that the thief (and or buyer) is unlikely to notice it....or at least notice it quickly? I lost an 8 horse Yammy a couple years ago, and now have several "security devices" attached to my new one, and a light and trail cam for when the inevitable low lifts come by to take a look in huge middle of the night, but the GPS tracker is a fabulous idea.

Maybe this will help. So what I've been doing for kicker installs for the past few years is this.

Remove the thumb screws on the front of the engine bracket. Get long threaded 1/2inch stainless bolts and tighten. Cut the bolt head off about a 1/2 inch material sticking out. Can be removed by zipcutting a slot if ever want to remove. Makes it a real pain in the butt for a thief.

Bolt the things on boys

Maybe this will help. So what I've been doing for kicker installs for the past few years is this.

Remove the thumb screws on the front of the engine bracket. Get long threaded 1/2inch stainless bolts and tighten. Cut the bolt head off about a 1/2 inch material sticking out. Can be removed by zipcutting a slot if ever want to remove. Makes it a real pain in the butt for a thief.

Bolt the things on boys
Anything to slow down the scumbags!!! about 6-7 years ago, my nextdoor neighbor had his father in laws kicker stolen in his yard ,unbolted from boat... (North Nanaimo) a friend (RCMP) told him chances of recovery are almost zero.....and if stolen on the island, its probably on the mainland..........mine are bolted and chained...........anything to make it a P.I.T.A. to steal........

Back