Stern Tying when anchoring set-ups -Shoreline reels (made in North Vancouver)

Bill 310

Crew Member
As you know , there are many spots where folks stern tie to shore as apart of anchoring on the coast

1654028170305.png

We wanted to set something up on our boat that will be easy to manage, stowable, and handy.

Protech in North Van makes various stern tying reels under the Shoreline brand and we have ordered the smallest model with the mounting kit that uses the scotty downrigger mount as a base .

1654029071276.png

We are setting ours up with 400 feet of 3/8ths floating poly line

Here are some photos of a much larger version of the model we ordered.

1654028610712.jpeg

1654028662169.jpeg

As you know , there are many spots where folks stern tie to shore as apart of anchoring on the coast

View attachment 80390

We wanted to set something up on our boat that will be easy to manage, stowable, and handy.

Protech in North Van makes various stern tying reels under the Shoreline brand and we have ordered the smallest model with the mounting kit that uses the scotty downrigger mount as a base .

View attachment 80397

We are setting ours up with 400 feet of 3/8ths floating poly line

Here are some photos of a much larger version of the model we ordered.

View attachment 80395

View attachment 80396
This looks great. How much?

Come on, who doesn't like 400' of line all tangled up under the drives? Sign me up, perfect for smugglers cove too.

I didn’t know about the stern tieing to shore thing. What the main reason to do it

I didn’t know about the stern tieing to shore thing. What the main reason to do it
Some of the anchorages are brutally tight and cliffs. If you swung at night you'd lise your anchor for sure. It's also always fun watching the qualified captain scenes while people try and figure it all out.

This looks great. How much?

I am not sure yet, using the downrigger mount in lieu of a Burnewiin Mount and some extra bits lowers the cost I was expecting to pay. I bought the small reel that takes 400 of 3/8th inch floating line.

When I know I will give you two prices Reel Cost and Wife Cost

All in I expect it will be somewhere between one and one point five Bollars. A Bollar is a Boat Dollar.

One Bollar = One Thousand CDN

Here are the prices at Harbour Chandler

Wait, what? You didn't put on the floating yellow line?
Amateur hour leading up to the Gong Show!
I spliced up double brade for my project managers Ocean Alexander, think it would be better than poly, nicer to handle and takes knots better.

The Shoreline is very deluxe. I had this made up by my local aluminum Wizard. I reuse the plastic spools leaded shrimp line comes on ( 400’ ) , added my own handle on each spool with SS bolt, washers and heater hose handle….

Attachments

• 00F4B71E-63F1-40B2-9B21-80849459596B.jpeg
    00F4B71E-63F1-40B2-9B21-80849459596B.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 62
Back