Steelhead rip off. Had enough yet?

Cuba Libre

Totally agree.

quote:To: Ministry of Environment
As a long time Steelhead angler and sportfishing guide in Southwest BC I have one question:
Are you guys insane?
It's obvious that you have ZERO integrity and morality. You tell the world that we will have the "Best managed fishery in North America bar none" and you are accomplishing the opposite. Fisheries management in almost EVERY USA state is by far way better than BC has been in decades. Bar None!
your kind does not deserve to be in office or for that matter- on this side of jail bars.

The is the way I see it: I am charged a substantial fee to fish for Steelhead. My clients pay a grossly overpriced fee to fish for Steelhead($63 for 1 day permit). None of this money goes into the resource according to your own ministry.
This would mean that I and anyone should have the legal right to fish for Steelhead without purchasing the Steelhead conservation surcharge since ZERO dollars is being spent on conservation, but instead you are spending my and our $$ on destroying OUR Steelhead and their habitat. I and other Steelhead anglers are spending plenty of time and OUR $ to fight against you to protect what you are legally mandated to do but you don't do it.
I would call on ALL sportfishing guides and tackle shops in region 2 to STOP the sale and purchase of Steelhead tags.
Or we can just take it up the butt that much more. Enough is enough.
Do we have any pledgers??
count me in.

please feel free to forward this email and feel free to contact me anytime at email@bcfishing-guide.com

--
<°)}}}}»<
Brian McKinlay, owner and head guide
Professionalism, Knowledge, Results.
Silversides Fishing Adventures - Salmon, Sturgeon, Steelhead and
Trout
Vancouver and Mission, British Columbia.
(1)604-864-5445 mobile
www.bcfishing-guide.com

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

X2 :(

X3!! [^]

Kinda got this sinking feeling though, that they'd be making a WHOLE</u> pile of coin off the fines we'd all get were we to collectively go this route...

Nog

Agree 100%. Until the MINISTRY OF DO NOTHING[}:)] starts waking up to realize their "wild fish" policy doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of mounting a recovery......I say we all boycott all of the MOE's meetings, stop buying licenses and generally do what they have done to all sports anglers for the past 3 decades......WE CAN"T HEAR YOU, BECAUSE WE AREN'T LISTENING! Time for us to demand they change their policies on hatchery augmentation.....ENOUGH already. There are tons of anglers who would contribute cold hard cash to help fund hatchery programs...all we need is the regulatory approval to proceed. Time for the MINISTRY OF DO NOTHING, to lead, follow or get the hell out of the way! CLOWNS [:eek:)]

X4,,,HOPEFULLY THEY GET OFF THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING

Based on what I have seen the last 30 years. Good luck with the Minstry Of Do Nothing to do something. What Steelhead runs are left?
What access is left? "Good call on The Minstry" Sea Run[^]

I am really starting to notice the comments on the US.Their hatchs pump out crazy numbers and they seem to have a better handle on things.I was just reading about a flow you can only use knotless nets on, you cant lift fish out of the water ect. Hell DFO cant even let fish make it to the river much less keep goofballs from mishandling fish. Is it really all $$$ or is it dfo incompetence?

Very nicely written! I too am fed up with the ******** we are forced to endure by these *******s! Reading some of the posts on this site makes my blood boil. We pay out the butt for the "privilege" of living in such a great place. The Steelhead and Salmon tags are just one example of the barrel bending we're receiving. Add the HST and I feel like I have to go and have a shower! Whatever fight we're going to organize, definitely count me in!!!!

What could be better than a Coho grabbing your hook and jumping out of the water to show you how much you're going to have to work to land it?

There you go....is there someone out there who is good at making up T'Shirts and logos.....we need to embarrass them into action.

How about a picture of a steelhead with a caption listing all the rivers where steelhead are now extinct with a tag line that says..."Proudly Brought To You by the Ministry of Do Nothing"
[:0]

Searun

quote:Originally posted by searun

There you go....is there someone out there who is good at making up T'Shirts and logos.....we need to embarrass them into action.

How about a picture of a steelhead with a caption listing all the rivers where steelhead are now extinct with a tag line that says..."Proudly Brought To You by the Ministry of Do Nothing"
[:0]

Searun
Let's see how fast 'Nog doesn't jump on that one :D

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

Let's see how fast 'Nog doesn't jump on that one :D

20.gif
Oh Man did you EVER get THAT one right!!
1.gif

Very much a good idea, but I'm still suffering from the last go-round! If anyone here wants to take on the task, I would be willing do come up with the design, and forward the name of the Fine Fellow who did the last job for us...

Any Takers? [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

Region 2 no longer even has a Steelhead Biologist come April 2010. It's a total joke. Call your MLA and let them know how you feel. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper. We need to speak out more then just on this forum. Good for Brian writing the letter. He should send this to his MLA and the local paper.

Come on NOG, you can do it. Think about the message it would send when we start wearing those shirts to meetings!!

If you think you got it bad there try living on the Cowichan river and having to tell ppl every day "Fishing is great. There's tons of Steelhead in the Cowichan."
It's a nightmare for any store owner these days. We once had the a very sucsesfull salmon and steelhead hatchery on the river but now they are gone. And who is to blame? It's the fishermen them selves.
It's not because of over fishing or poaching. It's because of lying.
When the sensuse guy comes around and asks you "How's fishing".
Don't tell him you havn't caught anything when you have.
They don't care if you have caught and kept. They want to know if there programs are working. We lost our hatchery because they thought that it was a waste of time and money if no one was catching fish.
I'm all for any protest that will help improve fishing across BC, But we all need to pitch in. All fisherman need to tell the truth of there numbers. Even if the fish gets off, count it. Embelish the truth a little if you think it's gonna help.
The gov. needs to see that the programs they put ot there are working. One thing we all need to consider about these ppl is that they probably arn't fisherman. Most of them were just told that they are going to be working in the ministry.
In other word, they really have no clue what needs to be done.
It's our task to show them.

Don't fear your Government. Make them fear you.

I would go for a hoodie, it would be seen better in the steelie season than a shirt.

Count me in on that too. They couldnt even organize a marble tournament. Why complete idiots who have no clue about fishing get into fishing related government jobs. Hmm time for some job cuts.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Still waiting for NOG to produce the "Ministry of DO NOTHING!" T shirt and hoodie.

Back