Steelhead for Sale

otter

Noticed Steelhead fillets for sale at Costco. Didnt think commercial harvesting and selling of same was legal. Not right if it is. What the hell is that about?

B Gibb

Yep. LC that's exactly what they are. Seafood marketers give them a fancy name that lures in the buyers. The most are raised in pond farms on the prairies. At least this farming practice is in contained systems on land.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Yep. LC that's exactly what they are. Seafood marketers give them a fancy name that lures in the buyers. The most are raised in pond farms on the prairies. At least this farming practice is in contained systems on land.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Maybe the fish farmers are getting creative and painting a red stripe down the side of their tasteless, farmed atlantics and trying to flog them off as steelhard!

Long live wild salmon!!!

Maybe the fish farmers are getting creative and painting a red stripe down the side of their tasteless, farmed atlantics and trying to flog them off as steelhard!

Long live wild salmon!!!

Earl's restaurants used to have Steelhead on the menu and I asked a buddy who run's one of them where they came from? They were 'farmed/rasied' somewhere in the southern US if I recall correctly.

Earl's restaurants used to have Steelhead on the menu and I asked a buddy who run's one of them where they came from? They were 'farmed/rasied' somewhere in the southern US if I recall correctly.

quote:Originally posted by Governor

google aquaponics

With luck they will out compete the open net systems. Nothing would drive off open net fish farmers better than the idea of going broke!

www.kayaks2.com

Back