Standard Horizon CP160 GPS

esora

Having problems with my GPS, doesn,t seem to pick up any sats, suspect maybe bad antenna,has anybody else had the same problem? Does anybody know where to get a new antenna. Duncan area

Thanks
Esora

Can't help with diagnosing the problem, but Lakes Marine, the new marine supply store located beside the Payless Yamaha Outboard dealer (just north of Thriftys) has antennas.

Apparently Standard Horizon has the best Customer Service going in the GPS world. Contact them directly.

It's worth the trip to go talk to Dane at the Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. Bring in your head unit and antenna and he should be able to test them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

><///(°> ><///(°>

Originally posted by esora

Having problems with my GPS, doesn,t seem to pick up any sats, suspect maybe bad antenna,has anybody else had the same problem? Does anybody know where to get a new antenna. Duncan area

Thanks
Esora

HI Esora. Me and a friend at work both have the same problem with our standard horizon gps units.(not accuiring) (sorry cant spell) Buddy has ordered us a couple new antenas out of the states somewere for $18 each. Can get info and pass it on if you would like.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Hey GF

That would be great to get the info, I pulled it out tonight and will make a trip up to the chandler on Wed, but the info would be great. I will post back when I know more.

Esora

Unit is fixed, didn't even need a new antenna just a Hard reset, Denise at Harbor Chandler looked after it,great service.

Back