Stamp river Havoc

Hmm must of had a few to many last night, there and their have nothing to do with punctuation.
So FA, I dont get 10/10 this time.

Now that the season is over on the Stamp River. How was it? Not much was posted, is that a reflexion of the numbers of salmon returning?

Over? It's just starting I'm gunna catch a steelhead this year if I have to sacrifice a virgin to the gods. Or at a minimum photo shop a rainbow into my empty hands.

Haha, I hope the season isn't over. I explored up by Money's pool for the first time and tried for a steelhead today. No luck, didn't see one other person (which made me think I might be in the wrong section of river??) but I had fun exploring new water ;)

Over? It's just starting I'm gunna catch a steelhead this year if I have to sacrifice a virgin to the gods. Or at a minimum photo shop a rainbow into my empty hands.

Where are you going to find a virgin. I thought that like many of our DFO managed fish, they were on the verge of extinction.

Thanks for the replies. Steelhead fishing sounds good, done that a few times on the Stamp. But was referring to the Spring Salmon returns. But great to get some responses from the forumers. Money's pool looks awesome to fish. Never had any luck there...yet.

Anyone know what the water level is like on the river? is it fishable from shore?

This might be a stupid question, but is the river controlled by a dam?

Anyone know what the water level is like on the river? is it fishable from shore?

This might be a stupid question, but is the river controlled by a dam?
Just got off the water, we got into 5 and a nice fat cuttie! The upper has come up maybe 8 inches until you get to the ash then the water comes up another foot and silty. Not blown out but colored up.

Yes there is a dam and you it's fishable from shore .

Thanks for the info!!

Is anyone confused about the regs for the stamp, or is it just me. I'm fairly certain bait is still allowed on the lower Stamp, right?? I've read on another forum that it is and also went and checked at a fishing store. But, when you look at the regs, doesnt it suggest otherwise? :confused:

Thanks for the info!!

Is anyone confused about the regs for the stamp, or is it just me. I'm fairly certain bait is still allowed on the lower Stamp, right?? I've read on another forum that it is and also went and checked at a fishing store. But, when you look at the regs, doesnt it suggest otherwise? :confused:

There was a misprinting in the regs. When they came out erroneously last spring, the Alberni gut chuckers lit their hair on fire and got the ministry to issue a correction pretty quick: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/synopsis-corrections.html

Any new reports?

Just got an email from murphys. Action in the lower river is good with most of the winter run hanging down low due to the abundance of roe coming down the river. The other day 10 were landed, 9 being winters and a late summer steelie. There is large amount of cutties running around which makes for consistent action most of the day...

Seems this thread got quiet....anyone getting there tips wet?

FB

Pretty sure the lower river is blown out with all the recent rain. I'm thinking this will be a good thing for fresh fish once the water settles down :p

Back