Squid.

G

Ghost21

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has heard about if the squid have started to come in at Maple bay or Cowichan bay with good numbers yet ??????????:D[?][?][?]

excellent!Let us know when you see or hear of them being in.

are they there year round but just in higher numbers in the winter? we got quite a few in the summer not to far from cowichan

For those that are in this area and interested , took some crab from Burgoyne Bay and Smith Bay today at the 110 ft mark , while drifting around and daydreaming noticed some small squid in the upper layers moving with the tide.
Whipped a jig over the side with minimal large squid results , however the schools appear to be starting to come in.

Cheers

AL

sweet! did u see any larger squid? Im thinking about heading down next weekend to the maple bay wharf for a try w/ lights at night time

I have found the jig with a very small chunk of yellow wool on the shank works well for me , my jig is like a herring jig with 6 small trebles on it and the yellow wool of course.
No there were no large ones taken but at least the little guys are showing thats all that the report was about.
I still maintain that mid to late January will give you the best results.

AL

Does anyone have any info on squid coming into or around the wharf's in Comox Bay. Seems like a good spot to me! eman

Back