SPRINGS GALORE...Vancouver Saltchuck

fishin_magician

Got this report from 2 guides this morning.

They were off the Fraser River mouth this morning and each boat landed 6 springs, and lost at least that amount each. Weights were from 12 to 30 plus on each boat. No word a lie.

Using? Anchovies.

Depths? didn't matter, depths to 85 feet.

Location? South.

The Harrison Whites are IN!

boats coming out next weekend for the winter, would you be able to post a link to a map showing where to fish, i might be a ble to run over from maple bay, never fished vancouver though so if its a pretty easy place to get to it might be a possibility. Thanks;)

Nedarb2 If your up for it Im sure the two boas could find it I have a basic idea where .

salty beaver,sounds likea good idea! have you made the run across before? Sea conditions permitting of course, it sounds like itll be a go at my end if your able to make it :) and will they still be around for next weekend? south end, -will that be off westham island outside in the straight, or behind the islland in towards ladner? http://www.canoepassinn.com/images/map_lg.gif

Nerbard have not made the run before. I would think they would be fishing the southern mouth I would ahve to read up on the regs but looking at the gps it is a 24 mile run and I would head for the southern mouth and look for the boats .
The boat is ready. I was considering browns bay for some chum but would rather venture over there.
Post what you think ,it would suck to cruise over there and not find any boats .
the magician is not going to give up the location but maybe sombody else would piont in the right direction .

I'm way too excited! Of course I have a wedding on Sat. and work on Sunday but Tues. I'll be out there.I'm the guy inthe new 2101 Seaswirl with Cannon downriggers.

yah, i figure it would be about 1hr from maple bay on our boat (26-27knt cruise) Magician has said they were in the south, why dont we try to get ahold of some guys over in vancouver, i know sea wells (spelling?) marina has a report with the same info on it, ill give them an email and see what they say. Where do you live by the way?

ive emailed two places, and told them out situation and asked if they can tell us how and where to get to where the fish are in this southern area. I guess if the directions sounds promising ill still be up for going, but if im not able to get any information, then yes it would be pretty dissapointing to head over and not see any boats, and not catch any fish [:p] Ill let you know as soon as i get a reply, and we can go from there. I havnt had a single salmon this year, ide liek to give it one last try somewhere some how before this years east coast seasons comes to an end for me :p

I would launche out of cedar and cruis pass thrasher rock .
The best thing for us to do is I will go up north a little more from where i thought the boats would be and you coming from the south already and we will talk on the radio .
I will have the boat in the water at first light .
I Guess we will be fishing around westham island brisco can you confirm that? is the area around westham island open ?

Nebard My call name is salty.
Im going for sure.so if you dont post I will use nebard to see if you are around .
Hope I find some boats, If dont I heard polier has been producing so will head back that way .

salty, i will let you know if i am heading out next weekend (it looks like a yes right now.) If so, would you like to meet up at porlier and head over, or meet over there and figure out where to go? I have no idea what the waters or anything are like over there. Call K.O. for me, it was the boats name but it was taken off but still stands out to my ears channel 16 i presume. What are you riding in?

We need more people like Fishin Magician to share information.Keeping things secret does not help our sport.The more people we have fishing and catching the more power we have.If we had the numbers we had twenty years ago we would'nt be losing launch ramps etc!

nebard I was under the inpresion you were going tomorrow then i read.
Im heading tomorrow.Ill let you know.

ohh sorry, nope next weekend. Please do let me know where the action is and what happened :) sorry about the confusion

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

boats coming out next weekend for the winter, would you be able to post a link to a map showing where to fish, i might be a ble to run over from maple bay, never fished vancouver though so if its a pretty easy place to get to it might be a possibility. Thanks;)

Ok. The guys have been blabbing it all over the place and I got a phone call from someone I rarely talk to looking for information, for crying out loud information gets out in a hurry---and my information was first hand from the guides.

Some lucky bustards (decked out in yacht club gear no less) got a 47lber in a Tiara I hear tonight. They got it off the north Coal Ports.

This morning, the guys were fishing Sandheads, and later on in the day the T10 marker--it's no secret now so I may as well post it.

Listen to Berry's Fishing Report. 604 638 5899. It says some of it---this was before the guys hit it this morning..so it's been going ok down there for at least a couple of days.

God bless you guys for running over, and boat safe.

The forecast thus far:
http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/marine/marine_e.html?C-WVF

salty how did you do, did you make it out? went to pt.roberts on the weekend and there was alot of boats out fishing inbetween pt.roberts and white-rock,was about to run out to see how they were doing in my 8' zodiak...but the moter broke down as i was bumming around near shore and wouldnt go past idle with out stalling..good thing i dint head out :p water was like glass all weekend though

could only find a group of about 4 boats .seen a guy pull in one around 30.one hit poped the clip but mist it .
it was like glass for the way there and back only fished over there for about 2 hours .went back to thrasher couple ling but that was it.

Back