Sportfishing B.C Outdoors magazine

beak

Just wondering whatever happened to the great articles this mag used to have on saltwater fishing. It seems its all about some trout caught here and another trout caught there I used this fly I used that fly,yadayadayada. Have they run out of saltwater adventures to write about I sure hope not. Sorry for the venting guys but can anyone help me with their favorite saltwater mags i've about had it with this subscription. Thanks Beak

IMG_0330.jpg

Yeah it's pretty much in the toilet a person can read the whole thing in under 30 minutes, same old/same old Logan Lake gravel pit nirvana Bee Ess!

They've said they're going to launch a new web based blah, blah, blah, blah but go to their website if you can't sleep tonight it'll help you snooze.[:eek:)]

http://www.bcosportfishing.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Glad to see im not the only one they use to have some awesome articles. Actually I can attribute going to Gold River for the first time many years ago because of one of their stories. Same goes for a Hartley Bay adventure and a Rupert trip.

IMG_0330.jpg

I taked to Mike, the editor about the imbalance when they had thier Toyota Road show a few months ago. He told me the main problem he is having is getting new writers for saltwater fishing.

So-- if you can spin a yarn-- heres your chance to be the new Hemmingway!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

that mag and the free island based ones are all pretty bad. I mean how many times do I need to read about some writers free trip with charter company XYZ and how magical the day on the water was.

Interesting the first few times but 1000's of cookie cutter articles later I get a little bored.

They roped me in for a subscription at the Victoria Boat Show. Two years for 45 bucks. I got a filet knife and a beer cozy though!

So, now they're cryin' for writers?

I've been published by BC Outdoors three times and when I contacted them several months back about another fish-farming submission they replied: "...well maybe we can fit you in next-year."

Great! By then all our fish'll be dead - Douche-bag!

I think things went sideways for them when they separated the hunting from the fishing. I liked the old 'combo' format.

My 2-bits.

no offence to you deewar but island angler is the worst culprit. Not a "real" saltwater article to be found in the latest edition.

I guess its hard to come up with new ideas and it is free.

nope...wrong one - u are thinking the free newspaper style mag...this comes out with 6 issues annually - my wife usually gets it for me for xmas...probably 80% saltwater and lots of good articles and tips

odd - I have found many informative articles & tips there over the years (mind you, no subscription this year). It is still generally a pay magazine though (4.95), but I know places such as the bins infront of goldstream market offer free, so not sure what their real scoop is.

Put it this way, as far as magazines for island saltwater fishing goes...it IS the best regardless...lol

Back