South Coast SFAB meeting Nov.19th and 20th

Sculpin

I didn't see this posted anywhere on here so I thought I better post it.

There is a South Coast SFAB meeting at the Coast Bastion Hotel in Nanaimo this weekend Nov.19th and 20th.

Everyone is welcome. There are chairs put out around the edges for the general public. Please leave the chairs around the tables for the delegates.

Cheers,
Sculpin

(I posted it in this section as well because of the views).

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, good on you sir!. I know a cpl of us are about to get pretty involved. And i am catiously optomistic and excited. I wonder why ours was 1 night 7pm-9:30. And we were rushed out at 9:30 on top of that.

Is there a reason your guys has 14 hours allocated and ours had 2.5?

I dont get it.

wow, good on you sir!. I know a cpl of us are about to get pretty involved. And i am catiously optomistic and excited. I wonder why ours was 1 night 7pm-9:30. And we were rushed out at 9:30 on top of that.

Is there a reason your guys has 14 hours allocated and ours had 2.5?

I dont get it.

Lorne I believe this is the big one which takes into account all the SFAC meetings and minutes etc.from the South coast and they hash them out in this weekend pow wow. This is a South Coast SFAB meeting. Still learning here.

Lorne I believe this is the big one which takes into account all the SFAC meetings and minutes etc.from the South coast and they hash them out in this weekend pow wow. This is a South Coast SFAB meeting. Still learning here. If your going to go to a show why not make it a good one!

That's correct. Two different things here!
Dave

SFAB welcomes observers to their meetings. If you have time to attend, it can be very educational. Every angler should make an effort to attend their local SFAC in order to help guide the SFAB main board with local concerns and issues of importance.

DHA.

Local meetings are held first...these are the ones where you get a chance to bring up and discuss your concerns. Then all the motions from those local meetings are brought to either the south or north coast meetings. Your local reps bring forward your concerns and discuss them and vote amongst themselves. The motions that pass here go forward to the main board for the same process again before being passed on to DFO. At the south coast meetings there is no opportunity for observers to partake in any of the actual discussion going on between the local reps. It is a chance to see how your motions where brought forward and to see who supported it and who didn't and why.

Local meetings are held first...these are the ones where you get a chance to bring up and discuss your concerns. Then all the motions from those local meetings are brought to either the south or north coast meetings. Your local reps bring forward your concerns and discuss them and vote amongst themselves. The motions that pass here go forward to the main board for the same process again before being passed on to DFO. At the south coast meetings there is no opportunity for observers to partake in any of the actual discussion going on between the local reps. It is a chance to see how your motions where brought forward and to see who supported it and who didn't and why.

That pretty much sums it up Profisher. Your bang on DHA. Very educational. I got there about 15 minute late but didn't miss anything. I just sat off to the side listening and learning. I was the only observer there. I thought it was great to hear what all the sub committee reps had to say about the whole Island etc. I got to find out what is going on in all the other South coast areas. Well worth sitting in. I recommend anyone to show up and listen in.

Cheers,
Sculpin

That pretty much sums it up Profisher. Your bang on DHA. Very educational. I got there about 15 minute late but didn't miss anything. I just sat off to the side listening and learning. I was the only observer there. I thought it was great to hear what all the sub committee reps had to say about the whole Island etc. I got to find out what is going on in all the other South coast areas. Well worth sitting in. I recommend anyone to show up and listen in.

Cheers,
Sculpin

The morning really dragged on today but the afternoon got better. Remember that tomorrow morning the first session, 8:00AM until 8:45 is an in camera session.
Open after that.
Dave

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Sorry I didn't get to meet you today. I don't think I'll make it to tomorrow's session.

Cheers,
John

Back