Sooke Slaughter

whats the difference between catching them when theyre 4 pounds or fully mature? seems like a mature fish is more rare, fighting through seals predation, commercial nets etc.?

haha bring your boat to the alberni inlet buddy its a awsome mature chinook fishery in late summer early fall and the winter fishery is suposabley unbelivable but havent bothered for wintersprings to busy driftin the stamp somass systems and dont think its worth flyin down the canal for fish just rarley pushin 15 lbs and most in the 6-10lb class not worth it to me

steelheadman

haha bring your boat to the alberni inlet buddy its a awsome mature chinook fishery in late summer early fall and the winter fishery is suposabley unbelivable but havent bothered for wintersprings to busy driftin the stamp somass systems and dont think its worth flyin down the canal for fish just rarley pushin 15 lbs and most in the 6-10lb class not worth it to me

steelheadman

steelheadman

steelheadman

Just returned from a couple hours on the south island chuck. Was pretty good with the springs ranging from shakes up to ten pounds.
Thought I would drop the trout spinning rod for a good chuckle and it ended up being the hot rod. Mainlined a 10 or so pounder on it, makes a 5 feel like a 20!

Just returned from a couple hours on the south island chuck. Was pretty good with the springs ranging from shakes up to ten pounds.
Thought I would drop the trout spinning rod for a good chuckle and it ended up being the hot rod. Mainlined a 10 or so pounder on it, makes a 5 feel like a 20!

Back